NFL: ***Official 2016 Fantasy Football Thread***

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Never easy to tell how a guy will be after a season-ending knee injury. Just a hunch, Nelson seems like the type who would come back with a vengeance. I did forget how good Ingram was last year. I think Hopkins is QB proof though, had him last season too and he was a beast with horrible QB play most of the season.

I'm struggling with my strategy. Draft is next week, I pick #5 in 12 guy PPR. I've been hoping AP falls but the guy at 3 is leaning that way. Top pick will either be Antonio or D Johnson. If Johnson, AP and Gurley are all taken before it gets to me I'll be stuck. I always prefer locking down a stud RB1 when I pick in this position, but scared to death to take Elliott. I did a mock where I intentionally took a WR first to see how it would play out, ended up with Hopkins (1) which is ok, but landed on Jamaal Charles as my RB1. That's not good. So I either roll the dice on Elliott or go with a WR first and hope a better RB1 is there for me on the way back down.

Everyone has their strategies, but I always go with an elite wr first pick if I can, but Brown, Julio or OBJ probably won't fall to you. I don't value AP or Gurley as high as some in PPR, but if you go WR first pick, trends this year have wrs going off the board very fast. There will be some value in rb later, and as last year shows, injuries happen to rbs, so just load up on those. Guys like Woodhead, Bernard, Duke, Riddick, Ivory, Forsett will be available later. In my 14 PPR league, I'm hoping for a top 3 pick or a bottom 4 (we haven't drawn order yet). I look for high upside along with some other guys with consistency. At pick 5 I'd lean Julio/OBJ if there, then DJ if he's there. If you are thinking that 2 rbs (AP/Gurley) and 2 wrs (Brown, Julio/OBJ) are off the board, that should leave you maybe 1 of those top tier wrs to choose from and maybe hopkins and DJ. Charles is a top 5 rb, if healthy. What's tough is to know your drafts tendencies. Will it trend WR heavy like my other draft did, or guys still bank on having that rb first pick. This year I actually went Gronk first pick, which was days before him tweaking something.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Probably. Take Hopkins or Julio and patch together a backfield. I think Lacy is going to have a big bounceback season, and you can find ok value later in the draft too. I forget his ADP, but Gore can be had fairly late. He's a solid RB2.

Eh, is he though? I don't NOT like him, but I think of him more as a flex / bye week fill-in type of guy.

Having 2-3 RBs who are guaranteed ~20 touches a week is more valuable to me than a receiver who could have 150 & a TD one week, then 40 yards the next.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Had my 12 team 0.5 point PPR auction draft last night. I'm a little concerned as I don't think I ended up with any top 10 fantasy players, although I think I'm a bit more well-rounded. Seemed like all of the studs were priced too high for me, and several of them were just as risky as drafting Dez Bryant or Jamaal Charles coming back from injury.

RB's seem a bit weak, but I did handcuff J. Charles with Spencer Ware and I picked up Alfred Morris (who I think has good potential behind Dallas' O-line if Elliot doesn't pan out or gets hurt). Woodhead and Riddick should provide decent streaming production for a RB2 position.

I like my group of WR's, and I think I have 4 that as of right now I wouldn't be scared of starting.

TE's were pretty overpriced, so I settled for J. Witten who I'm just hoping can give me a consistent 8-9 points per week.

I went cheap on QB's as well, grabbing E. Manning and A. Smith (who was my last pick, the auction rounds were flying at the very end since half the people were done and I didn't have much time to decide). Manning seems to usually put up decent numbers.

Attachments

• Yahoo FF.PNG
    Yahoo FF.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 5

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Had my 12 team 0.5 point PPR auction draft last night. I'm a little concerned as I don't think I ended up with any top 10 fantasy players, although I think I'm a bit more well-rounded. Seemed like all of the studs were priced too high for me, and several of them were just as risky as drafting Dez Bryant or Jamaal Charles coming back from injury.

RB's seem a bit weak, but I did handcuff J. Charles with Spencer Ware and I picked up Alfred Morris (who I think has good potential behind Dallas' O-line if Elliot doesn't pan out or gets hurt). Woodhead and Riddick should provide decent streaming production for a RB2 position.

I like my group of WR's, and I think I have 4 that as of right now I wouldn't be scared of starting.

TE's were pretty overpriced, so I settled for J. Witten who I'm just hoping can give me a consistent 8-9 points per week.

I went cheap on QB's as well, grabbing E. Manning and A. Smith (who was my last pick, the auction rounds were flying at the very end since half the people were done and I didn't have much time to decide). Manning seems to usually put up decent numbers.

Dez, Alshon, and A Robinson? Yeah, I'd say you're set at WR. Jamaal is a risk lots of people are going to have to take, including possibly myself if I go WR first. With an elite WR he's a good RB1 option, or so I've read. Woodhead as your RB2 is pretty shaky. Since you also have Jordan Mathews you could always start him at the flex and look into packaging Alshon or A Rob in a deal for a better RB2. I like your move on QB, I usually wait and grab an Eli-type and it usually works out. RBs and WRs are the difference makers.

Reactions: cstrunk

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Ten team league, came out with:

QB: Luck
RB: A. Peterson, Lacy
WR: Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb
TE: Julius Thomas
Flex: DeMarco Murray or John Brown
D/ST: Texans (or whoever plays the Browns that week)
Kicker: Prater

Backups include P. Rivers, McKinnon, Derrick Henry, Jimmy Graham, Laquon Treadwell.

As you may have figured out, there are several guys I'm hoping have bounce back years (Luck, Lacy, Thomas, Murray, Graham). I figured with Rivers as a backup for Luck I've hedged my bets a bit, as Rivers always seems to put up decent FF numbers.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Eh, is he though? I don't NOT like him, but I think of him more as a flex / bye week fill-in type of guy.

Having 2-3 RBs who are guaranteed ~20 touches a week is more valuable to me than a receiver who could have 150 & a TD one week, then 40 yards the next.

Based on last year's results, I wouldn't blame you for thinking that. But consider that he came up just shy of 1000 yard despite running behind what was generally considered the worst o-line in the NFL. Also consider that the six rushing TDs in 2015 easily could have been eight or nine if not for an inexplicable case of goal line fumble-itis early in the season. It's fair to wonder if he's done at 34 years old, but the offensive line stands to be considerably better in 2016 and Andrew Luck figures to bounce back. There's no real threat behind him; the backup RB is currently an undrafted RFA that's more of a third down/pas catcher back. So he's going to get 15-20 carries a game in an offense that shouldn't have a lot of trouble moving the ball. He's generally viewed as a by week/flex guy, but I think for his ADP he's good value as a potential RB2.

• Agree
Reactions: HitItHard58

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Does anyone listen to fantasy football podcasts and if so which ones?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Does anyone listen to fantasy football podcasts and if so which ones?

I listen to the CBS and FootballGuys podcasts, but mostly for daily fantasy info. I don't know if the CBS guys are so good at fantasy football, but it's entertaining, at least.

Reactions: Cydar

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Surprised AP fell to 8th in a standard league.

Cam went 5th, Julio dropped to 6th, and Rodgers was taken 7th. I dont feel comfortable with Elliott and didnt want to reach for Miller, so I figured Peterson was the safest pick and best value.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Cam went 5th, Julio dropped to 6th, and Rodgers was taken 7th. I dont feel comfortable with Elliott and didnt want to reach for Miller, so I figured Peterson was the safest pick and best value.

Brilliant pick to take AP there. Still baffled by guys who take QBs so early. I guess as long as their checks clear...

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
No wonder you got him. It's always nice having some terrible players in your league.

Reactions: Tailg8er

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Just did a mock, 5th pick, 12-team:

1. Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
2. Devonta Freeman (Atl - RB)
3. Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
4. Golden Tate (Det - WR)
5. Kelvin Benjamin (Car - WR)
6. Josh Gordon (Cle - WR)
7. DeAngelo Williams (Pit - RB)
8. Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
9. Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
10. Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
11. Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR)
12. Christine Michael (Sea - RB)
13. Steve Smith Sr. (Bal - WR)
14. Buffalo (Buf - DEF)
15. Nick Folk (NYJ - K)

Wasn't planning on going RB RB with first two, but couldn't pass up Freeman. WRs are a little weak but countered with depth.

Reactions: Tailg8er

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron