This isn't really Story County, but Pickle's Pub in Kamrar is pretty good. Just a quick drive up I-35. Great pizza and other food. If you want another place to try, but it is a bit farther, 209 Main in Paton is awesome!!!
I've never had any problems at Oddfellows and enjoy the food, I will second Pickle's Pub. Good pizza and sandwiches there. Only been to Starbucks once and thought it was okay, but that may be because i'm comparing it to a drive-in in my hometown that blows it out of the water.
I really want to like that place, but man it's just not good.
Same here. There are individual things I enjoy SOMETIMES (like the peanut butter pasta), but I just don't feel like they season stuff enough.
Some Ames holes in the wall:
- House of Chen - small Chinese place on East Lincoln Way. Try the Chef's Special Chicken. Known to locals, not many else.
- Starbucks in Nevada - as others mentioned.
- Pammel Deli - in the Colorado Junction strip mall, it's got awesome gyros.
- Le's Vietnamese - also in Colorado Junction strip mall, the cream cheese wontons are great.
- Hot Dog Dude in Campustown - go out after 10 p.m., get a Super Dog.
- Indian joint in Campustown, I forget the name - lunch buffet, and I don't generally like buffets.
- Vesuvius - it's down on South Duff. It's pretty well-known, but not a ton of people go there.
Open Flame in Gilbert … it's been about a year since we were there last. The last couple of visits there were a disaster. Food was meh and the service was baaaaad. Incorrect orders, overdone prime rib, Texas toast fell off the plate when waitress was delivering - she walked it into the carpet as the night wore on, dirty silverware & tables . . .
"It's a jungle out there kiddies. Have a very fruitful day.
All content owned by CycloneFanatic.com - All rights reserved 2005-09. By viewing this website you agree to the Terms of Service, Site Rules and Legal Disclaimer. The words, views, images and opinions expressed or provided by users do not reflect the opinions or views of CycloneFanatic.com or Iowa State University. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Iowa State University are trademarks and copyrights of the University protected by the trademark and copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries and are used on this web site under license from the University. Original site design, premise & construction by Jeremy Lind.