WBB: Iowa Vs Colorado Tonight

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by twistedredbird, Nov 20, 2013.

1. twistedredbird

twistedredbird Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Executive Director
    Midwest
    This is a game I am very interested in tonight. Hoping for an Iowa win, so when we beat them, it helps our RPI.

But, Colorado has built a nice program out there, and is ranked 16th. It should be a good measuring stick for Iowa.

2. CRAZYGREG

CRAZYGREG Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Des Moines
    Why can't we ever play any good non-con games to get excited about.

3. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Associate Professor
    Lamoni, IA
    This isn't the year to play a really tough schedule. We need the time to continue to work the frosh in. Iowa will definitely be as tough an early season foe as we could ask for. Def be a tough match for us. Right now, the more comfort our new players can find the better off we are. Getting thoroughly trounced by a ranked opponent probably won't teach us much. I can understand both sides of the issue though. I suspect part of it comes from knowing you typically play in a tough conference that can chew up teams in Jan-Feb.

4. BenEClone

BenEClone Active Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Lincoln, Ne
    CU wins 90-87. Logic (26 pts.) seems to be one blue chipper who is coming through for the Hawks.

5. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    I agree - she has been tremendous - great player as advertised.

6. CyFan61

CyFan61 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Wasn't this the game that Colorado made students attend if they wanted a ticket to the Kansas men's basketball game?

7. kcdc4isu

kcdc4isu Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    retired
    west of dm east of cb
    Yes, towards the end you kept hearing to announcer tell them to stay in their seats and clear the aisles. As it ended he told them the tables for tickets would be set up on the floor after the game. to bad you have to bribe students to go to a game.