Uconn fan who knows the truth

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by Uconn, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Uconn

Uconn New Member

Mar 29, 2014
    In my opinion, Niang plays, Iowa State is heading to the Final Four. Our team played amazing, but I watched enough. cyclone basketball to see a team that was getting better and more confident every game. It's a shame, but as a husky fan, I can't be too unhappy. The stars aligned with him injured and MSG being the venue. I don't think it is an excuse, but even though we'll never know, the Big 12 champ was a team I saw that could handle a team beaten by SMU twice and Louisville 3 times.

I am a big fan of Cyclone hoops, the mayor and of course, dating myself, Jeff Hornacek.

Root for us to beat the Spartans as our programs, basketball and football have a lot in common.

Congrats on a great season.

2. jsb

jsb Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2008
    You guys played a really great game (would it have killed you to miss a few FT's!?!) and we were a bit off. I'd have loved to see us with Georges and like you I suspect we might have pulled it off. Hell, give us 2 more minutes and we might have pulled it out tonight.

3. Uconn

Uconn New Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Thanks...this run is a pleasant surprise....In addition to being a superstar, Shabazz is money on the line late in games. MSG is a comfortable setting for our guys not to be discounted in any way. Any Uconn fan will tell you that is our home away from home. I think you will see the Spartans prove out what the your full team would have looked like against us. I hope not, but I am a realist.

4. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    I'll be rooting for UConn.

5. Cyclonin

Cyclonin Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    If we gotta lose, might as well be against the champs (as we have done in the past 3 of 4 tourneys we've been too)

Good luck Sunday and beyond, was a fun game to watch tonight.

6. ZachsterPoke

ZachsterPoke Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Seriously. Don't f*** this stat up for us.

7. klamath632

klamath632 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    UConn played a great game last night. Shooting was incredible. Props to them.

8. Cycsk

Cycsk Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009

This is CF and we lost. Crazed fans get drunk and mad.

9. ThatllDoCy

ThatllDoCy Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Entrepreneur
    Chicago, IL
    I was impressed with UConn. Great game plan, and a lot of talent on the floor. With Georges I think we win, but we just didn't have answers.

Really think that Kevin Ollie did a very good job. They played composed and intense. The atmosphere of the team and Coach seems very positive. Will be seeing a lot of UConn in the coming years.

10. Cycl1

Cycl1 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    M.E.
    North Liberty
    would have been nice for you guys to miss something. ANYTHING that first half.

11. Cycsk

Cycsk Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    UConn made open shots, made lots of contested shots, and most of all they made FTs. That is a good combination for winning games. We missed too many shots close to the basket early and didn't make FTs in the second half. Hogue kept us in the game. Glad the final score was closer than the actual game. Kudos to UConn. Hoping for a UConn/Michigan final.

12. 2forISU

2forISU Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    UNCONN played well on both ends of the court. UNCONN has some characters for fans, brutal.

13. mt85

mt85 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    I tip my cap to Uconn. Your team hit the shots to win the game. I think ISU's game plan was to force your team into contested jump shots. If you hit the shots to beat us then we shake your hand. So here is your handshake.

ISU outscored Uconn in the paint 42-28, and I don't even want to know how many shots Dre and Melvin missed at the basket. We also out rebounded your team despite all of our misses. We had 17 offensive rebounds. Those are troubling stats if you hope to win a championship.

14. RayShimley

RayShimley Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Post-doc Fellow
    Stillwater, MN
    Just a weird game. Obviously UCONN played great, especially from three and at the line, but if you would've told me we'd outrebound them (17 OREB!), score more points in the paint, and get 34 points from Hogue I would've guessed we won by 20 with or without Georges. Will definitely be cheering for the Huskies against MSU.

15. RayShimley

RayShimley Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Post-doc Fellow
    Stillwater, MN
    Looks like you beat me to it. Pretty much this!

16. Rural

Rural Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    I though I heard Rafftery say in the pre-game that UCONN was 59-51 all-time in MSG.

They played well, that's pretty much all you can say.

17. cyclones12321

cyclones12321 Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Us Cellular
    Newton Ia
    Congrats on the win. Thanks for the nice words. Seems like UConn couldn't miss

18. barometriclow

barometriclow Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    engineer
    Ankeny
    What does it take to get the hammer anymore

• Like Like x 1
  19. marothisu

marothisu Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    NYC/Chicago
    I agree - and you guys played a great game and we were way off all night (minus Hogue and Morris). Congrats to you guys for moving on.

20. Uconn

Uconn New Member

Mar 29, 2014
    7 Big East Tournament championships since 1990 won there. Trust me, if we could choose a venue other than our home floor, that's it for sure. Whether or not it had any effect on the outcome, I can't say, but it was a welcome gift to play where our school has some incredible moments in our hoops history.