Misc: Tiger Woods facing a possible DQ this morning from The Masters (LINK)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lot of this going on:
matt_Avatar.JPG

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Tiger birdies the first hole. You mad?

Tiger is the one who has to live with his decisions not me. I'm just calling a spade a spade. The problem for some of you is that you want believe Tiger is someone who he isn't.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Golf Channel just said that Tiger has been assessed a 2 stroke penalty and will not be disqualified. Instead of starting at -3 he will be at -1, 5 strokes back.

Complete ********. Either he played from a wrong spot or he didn't.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Dustin Johnson didn't sign an incorrect score card. If he had then you would be right.

Tiger and Dustins situation aren't even vaguely similar. Dustin grounded a club. Tiger either played form a wrong spot or didn't. It's either a DQ or it's not.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Tiger is the one who has to live with his decisions not me. I'm just calling a spade a spade. The problem for some of you is that you want believe Tiger is someone who he isn't.

Tiger Woods is my hero. He makes millions of dollars playing golf for a living. Oh yea, and he gets to bang supermodels and Lindsey Vonn. Lucky bastard.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Tiger's score card was correct - until the PGA assessed the 2-stroke penalty WAY after Tiger signed it. Thus, rule 33.

He took an illegal drop, so I guess if no one catches him then by your definition that makes it a correct scorecard. That's kind of like if no one caught Tiger sleeping with all those hookers then he wasn't cheating. With logic like that I'm starting to wonder if you were one of Tigers former love interests.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Tiger and Dustins situation aren't even vaguely similar. Dustin grounded a club. Tiger either played form a wrong spot or didn't. It's either a DQ or it's not.

Didnt they say the penalty for playing from a wrong spot is a 2 stroked? I thought that's what I heard in the press conference, but then again.. I have been drinking.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

I dont' give a crap what he did in his personal life or if he is an Ahole to deal with. He is a hell of a golfer and that is entertainment enough for me. Same goes for Barry Bonds. Great, GREAT baseball player. one of the best ever. Don't care about anything else.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
He took an illegal drop, so I guess if no one catches him then by your definition that makes it a correct scorecard. That's kind of like if no one caught Tiger sleeping with all those hookers then he wasn't cheating. With logic like that I'm starting to wonder if you were one of Tigers former love interests.

Its about time the ghey jokes came out! Geez!

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I dont' give a crap what he did in his personal life or if he is an Ahole to deal with. He is a hell of a golfer and that is entertainment enough for me. Same goes for Barry Bonds. Great, GREAT baseball player. one of the best ever. Don't care about anything else.

Then why did you make this personal?

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Some of he blame has to fall on the official walking with the group and the other 2 golfers. The drop would have been legal if the ball would have hit the stick and came back towards Tiger. The ball hit the stick and went towards Tigers left which made the drop illegal. Maybe from Tigers angle he thought the ball came directly back at him. If the rules official or another player in the group had a beef with the drop they should have said something right then which would have been a 1 stroke penalty. 2 stroke penalty was the right call for this situation.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The problem I have is that the committee looked at this before they knew of Tiger's comments and cleared that whole deal. Then they come back and change it.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
It's kind of ridiculous that it takes some guy sitting on his couch to tell the Masters that he might have broken a rule. Kind of like if I called the NCAA and told them that Craft should have actually been called for a blocking foul.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Eh....Tiger brought this on himself with his post round interview. He clearly state he dropped it further back to gain an advantage. Dont' tell me Tiger doesn't know the rules of the game. He's been playing on the PGA for 15 years.

Hopefully, Tiger doesn't win.

There's multiple people that better hope Tiger doesn't win.
If he wins, the shitstorm will be epic.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I find it funny that people are complaining about how Tiger should be disqualified but yet the official stated very clear that since he dropped in the wrong spot thus the 2 shot penalty. It's completely on the commitee for allowing him to sign his scordcard because they were aware of the situation was brought to attention. Some of you people need a life if your going to turn this into a joke about Tiger cheating.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron