Star Wars Episode VII Cast Announced

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SaraV, Apr 29, 2014.

1. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    I just don't think I'll get excited about this until I actually end up in movie theater seat and am having fun watching what is on screen. The combination of the prequels and Abrams last Trek movie left me cold.

2. MartyFine

MartyFine Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Warren Co., IA
    I hope people have fun with this rather than take it seriously like with I-III.

[video=youtube;DcUkKltAidM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUkKltAidM[/video]

3. tejasclone

tejasclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Technical Writer
    Austin, TX
    I'll reserve hope or despair until I see a trailer. Part of what gives me at least a little optimism is the fact that George is only staying involved in a "limited advisory" capacity. Plenty of other talented, creative people have done great things with the Star Wars license. Then again, J.J. tends to leave a lot of damage in his wake.

I'm far more excited about the new Battlefront 3 game and the new Rebels show by the same crew that did The Clone Wars.

4. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

The Princess has not aged real well.

5. 3TrueFans

3TrueFans Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames
    Probably had a big shame spiral after the whole incest thing.

6. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

You had me there for a second

7. Clone1138

Clone1138 Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Central Iowa
    Put me down for PUMPED!

8. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    I dont understand this. He did a hell of a job with the Star Trek reboot, hasnt seemed to do a whole lot that was terrible.

9. MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    The first movie was fun, but Into Darkness sucked and some of the specific ways in which it sucked make me think him running Star Wars will be problematic

10. ribsnwhiskey

ribsnwhiskey Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Ames
    Abrams wrote the ******* for the first 2 with the same person who wrote Empire and Jedi. Which is better than the monkeys Lucas hired to write 1-3.

11. bosco

bosco Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Des Moines
    Actual monkeys would have written Shakespeare compared to what Lucas slinged at us.

12. im4cyclones

im4cyclones Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Ames, IA
    #13 im4cyclones, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Man, I just don't have high hopes. Hard for me to watch the original 3 movies anymore. That is how bad the "new" three were. Not just dialogue and characters. They had major flaws in storyline that impacts IV, V, and VI.

13. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    I guess i didnt think Into Darkness sucked. Its got high ratings all around from what i see (87% on rotten tomatoes)

14. im4cyclones

im4cyclones Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Ames, IA
    Example... In V, Leia tells Luke she remembers glimpses or snapshots of her mother. Turns out, she must be a savant to have memories of when she was 5 minutes old, which is when Lucas kills off Padme in III.

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    Yeah they had to fudge a few things to make the prequels fit, but it wasn't anything too terrible.

Most people hate the prequels for not being as good as the originals. I just take them for what they are. I used to really hate phantom menace but now that I have kids, and they like it, I can see it's not that bad. (Jar Jar still sucks though).

16. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    I'm pretty excited for these new ones. Especially because someone other than Lucas is writing them. He had great ideas for creating the universe but is not a great ****** writer.

They are going away from the expanded universe of the books from after Jedi I believe, so they can do almost anything they want. Should be interesting.

17. MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    I don't know, just didn't work for me. I never really felt like they had a great idea for a (SPOILERS) Khan movie and just sort of forced one out there because they thoughts what fanboys wanted. There were a couple other wink-wink plot points that sort of back that up, imo. That's a tendency that's problematic for Star Trek and that didn't have nearly the pressure of fan expectations and pet favorite characters that these movies will.

I don't know, maybe he's been sitting on some grand Star Wars story for years and will actually stick to it, but I'm not holding my breath.

18. Dino

Dino Active Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Modeling
    Des Moines
    #19 Dino, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Yeah, but that's due to the force. She probably had a high midichlorian count.

19. Die4Cy

Die4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Yeah, I'll go. And I'll hate myself afterward, just like the last three times.