Seneca Wallace & others to host camp (Ankeny) this Saturday

Discussion in 'Football' started by ChrisMWilliams, Jun 19, 2014.

1. CYKOFAN

CYKOFAN Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    I doubt Seneca will have any problem filling this camp up every year to make this an annual event. I live a block from the complex and plan to do a little gawking at some of our past Cyclone heroes.

2. stateofmind

stateofmind Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2007
    IT
    Ankeny
    Wow, I hadn't heard about this until now. I played golf with Jack last night and still didn't know. I could swear he did one of these last year, but it must not have been a camp. Am I thinking of something else?

3. khardbored

khardbored Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Middle of the Midwest
    I wonder if Sam, Grant, & Joel are signed up for the camp ... :jimlad:

4. BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC Active Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Superintendent
    Des Moines
    I'm sorry I don't get the humor...? They signed up right?

5. CYKOFAN

CYKOFAN Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Great turnout for Seneca's first camp and he had a lot of help with Austin Flynn, Todd Blythe, Brett Meyer, Lane Danielson, Milan Moses and Lance Briggs of the Bears, to name a few. Don't know what Seneca's connection is with Briggs, but he looks the part of NFL linebacker.

6. Cy241

Cy241 Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Sales Manager
    Johnston, IA
    Seneca and Briggs were high school teammates. From the sounds of it this camp will continue to grow year after year.

7. nhclone

nhclone Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    It's for hs and younger.

8. GWad

GWad Member

Aug 22, 2013
    As one who was there to help coach, it was a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Cyfan4good

Cyfan4good Active Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Ankeny
    We were at a wedding reception at the Sheraton in West Des Moines Saturday evening and saw Seneca in the lobby bar. He said the camp finished up and had gone well. Got my picture taken with him. Great Cyclone and a great guy.

10. BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC Active Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Superintendent
    Des Moines
    Haha, I was being dry... Sorry for the lack of pirate face.

11. BodeClone

BodeClone Active Member

May 16, 2014
  12. khardbored

khardbored Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Middle of the Midwest
    Capt Obvious.jpg

13. flynnhicks03

flynnhicks03 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    My 9-year old had a lot of fun at the camp. They were well organized and all the coaches were very accessible for pictures, autographs, hand-shakes, etc. I had shown my son some videos of Seneca prior to the camp, so he had an idea of who he was, how he played, etc. Obviously, we started with "The Run" against Texas Tech. I told him I was at that game, but unfortunately, in the bathroom during that play. On the You Tube sidebar, it also mentioned "The Run" against Florida State, which I had all but forgotten about. Man, did that open up some old wounds. It looked pretty obvious to me that he scored, but that's wasn't how it worked out. My son mentioned to Seneca that he watched the video and thought he scored, and Seneca said "heck yes, I scored". That play doesn't get enough credit in the conversation of all-time Iowa State nut-kicks.