Release: SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR SOUTH END ZONE PROJECT RELEASED

Discussion in 'Football' started by ChrisMWilliams, May 12, 2014.

1. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Next upgrade needs to be the pressbox IMO.

2. Skidoosh

Skidoosh Active Member

May 27, 2012
    Welcome to Cyclone Fanatic, would you like some cat gifs?

3. ISU has enough press space... however, more suites are needed to keep up with every other school in the league except Kansas.

4. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    Great work by ISU and all the teams involved. The plans/renderings are simply fantastic. No way I expected it to look this good and include so many things. Can't wait for this to become reality.

5. Sousaclone

Sousaclone Member

Apr 29, 2006
    New York
    I think once they get official approval from the regents we'll see more renderings and the floorplans. I'm sure there will be a page on cyclones.com that has the project info, updates, progress photos, etc much like when the did the additional to the practice facility. In the big picture scheme of a $60 million project another 30 grand for some more renderings isn't all that much (especially when they could be used to build excitement like has been mentioned).

Looking at it from a construction viewpoint, I'm very curious to see what Weitz can get done during the football season. They've got a fair bit of earthwork to do in order to bring the ramp up to grade and all the foundation work for the new decks would take away from hill side seating (although I can see them simply closing down one hill side during the season).

Also, I wonder what they are going to put in the secret bunker entrance they have under the southwest corner? Is that where we are going to put all of Hoiberg's clones in suspended animation so we can keep him even if he decides to jump for the NBA at some point?

6. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    I thought I have heard more then one media member complain about ISU's press space at JTS?

7. Koolman

Koolman Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Kansas City
    Looking forward to see this completed.

8. wxman1

wxman1 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Cedar Rapids
    It needs a massive renovation at minimum. I think most fans don't see the need for a press box renovation because 90%+ of them will never go up there. It is about more than press space. The suites although nice most of our man caves can top and it is not even close. Press space (2nd floor) is somewhat outdated and just needs a face lift. The third floor which houses TV, radio, coaches boxes, game day ops and visiting AD is absolute crap. Our press box is the definition of upgrading as you are able. It fits the need but it is very easy to see the short comings. As we upgrade and build the rest of our facilities to a higher standard the tower will become more of an eye sore compared to the rest of the facilities.

9. Cyclone27inQC

Cyclone27inQC Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Quad Cities
    Great looking drawings of the SEZ....I can't wait!!!!

10. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Sales
    A pineapple under the sea
    You had me at cup holders

11. GMan

GMan Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Minneapolis
    I'm honestly surprised it took this long. I thought it would begin by page 4. I was actually hoping to be the first to start making awful jokes about how great it will be to watch a 3 win team from the new club seats.

But yes, this is legitimately exciting.

12. CycloneDaddy

CycloneDaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Johnston
    Why would they give people that are sitting in the end zone first chance at the club section? Not hating but just seems odd to me.

13. GWad

GWad Member

Aug 22, 2013
    some people just have to pick scabs

14. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Why not? They are being displaced. Give them a shot first. How many of those $175 season ticket holders do you expect to take the jump to paying $750 each PLUS the required donation to sit in those seats?

Pretty safe to say that there will be plenty of End Zone Club seats after they purchase theirs if they wish.

15. Goothrey

Goothrey Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    Austin, Tx
    Can anyone explain what is going on here?

[​IMG][​IMG]http://s25.postimg.org/5gkww4twe/question.jpg

16. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN
    Architects gon Architect.

17. mustangcy

mustangcy Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Bloomfield
    I'm thrilled that the response has been so positive. That's really all that matters...but the outside is glass...glass. Nebraska, KSU, OSU, pretty much everyone builds awesome stone entrances and we get a second coming of the Jacobson building. Ahh, I'm just disappointed. I thought the 2008 renderings were amazing, can't say I'm in love with what was released today. That said I'm sure I'll love everything when I walk in fall of 15'.

18. CYTruck

CYTruck Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Zooming in... it looks like the stairs come up to those open areas... they most likely represent the tunnell/access from below to get the seats in those sections.

19. ISUCyclones2015

ISUCyclones2015 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Basically, it is the opening of the stairs to go down into the concourse. In real like there is stuff behind there like concession stands but they probably skipped rendering that stuff so it acts as "open" so it will just show the sky behind it. In a better rendering or in real life it would barely be noticeable because of shadows. There is barely any shadowing in this rendering.

20. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    #160 ripvdub, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    Heres to hoping that they dont waste 1/2 the new video screen with Istate logos on both sides. I know its on the renderings, but you might as well have a smaller screen, or at least advertisers.