RECRUITING: Some possible visits for the fall

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by ChrisMWilliams, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
    I know that there is some information out there already about a handful of these guys but I thought a new post with the info all in one place might do some good.

Obviously when it comes to visits (especially when you consider it is still July), these are subject to change.

But according to a source, Iowa State is expecting visits from the following prospects on the following dates:

For the UNI game...

Clayton Custer - Yahoo! Sports

J.P. Macura - Yahoo! Sports

Reid Travis - Yahoo! Sports

For the Iowa game...

Josh Cunningham - Yahoo! Sports

2. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
    One more thing, 2014 Michigan prospect Jaylen Johnson is likely going to visit as well. Still no date at this time.

Jaylen Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

3. ISUCyclones2015

ISUCyclones2015 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Travis, Cunningham, and Johnson are some big dudes...

4. CyTwins

CyTwins Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    So would these be official visits or how does that work?

5. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Travis visiting pleasantly surprises me. I thought that ship might have sailed.

6. ISU_phoria

ISU_phoria Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Construction Project Mana
    Andover, MN

I think that as long as Fred is at the helm, we'll be a more guard oriented team, but it would be great to land a couple of these "big dudes" to go along with some very exciting guards already in the queue.

7. Bigman38

Bigman38 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Male
    Council Bluffs, IA
    geez, it might be easier to list who hasn't offered Macura or Travis.

8. ISUCyclones2015

ISUCyclones2015 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I think every recruit I have seen on Rivals 3* and above has Wyoming listed. Do they just offer 100 people and see what happens?

9. WhatchaGonnaDo

WhatchaGonnaDo Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Male
    Same, I thought he had unofficially ruled us out and we gave up on him. I like this.

10. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Arizona State used to be like that. Still may be.

11. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Were there ever any quotes from Johnson from his earlier visit here? It's like it never actually happened. Do I have him confused with someone else?

12. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

That is a good freaking list!

13. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANTWANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

14. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
    How bout you tell us what you really think?

15. JP4CY

JP4CY Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Sommerset
    Samesies

16. DandyCyclone

DandyCyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Western Iowa
    With Michigan and Michigan State yet to offer Cunningham (according to Rivals), I really like our chances to land him.

It is really good to see Reid Travis on this list. I too thought the "ship had sailed" on him. He came down for a football game last year and looks like he will be down for another football game this year. That's great to see. With that said, has he ever been to a basketball game at Hilton?

JP Macura is rising fast and a lot could happen with his recruitment.

Last but not least, Clay Custer visiting with those guys for the UNI game is pretty important. I hope they all get along really well which will increase our chances.

17. Clonefan32

Clonefan32 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    #17 Clonefan32, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    I just want to point out that the luster of seeing us in contention for Top 100 guys, and recruiting against other great basketball programs has not worn off. I think back to the days where we were beating out mid-major, directional schools for recruits and it makes it more amazing to see us getting guys of this caliber on campus for visits.

18. CloneIce

CloneIce Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    We really are in on some great prospects. Would be so pumped if we can land at least one of these top guards and one of the stud big men to go along with Custer. We would have a great fall signing class. Then this spring we can go hard after Vaughn who could put this class over the top as one of the best in the country.

19. LLCoolJansma

LLCoolJansma Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Quality
    Minneapolis
    I agree, recently Travis wasn't mentioning ISU on his list when asked and I was thinking he had focused on another programs (Stanford, Minny, Gonzaga ect).
    Over the Summer it appears the staff has made a major push and CFH and Co. is definitely back on his radar.
    (Though Reid does have a FB offer from CPR, so it makes sense he'd be attending a FB game)

20. GrindingAway

GrindingAway Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Seems weird seeing a visit list that doesn't include Matt Thomas.

• Like Like x 1