Notebook: Rhoads talks LB depth chart; Devron Moore update

Discussion in 'Football' started by ChrisMWilliams, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Luth4Cy

Luth4Cy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Ames, IA
    Thanks Chris! I really think our linebackers could be somewhat of a strength this year. Even without George, there is more experience across the board than there was a year ago.

2. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
    Got a lot of good stuff from Rhoads tonight. More depth charty type stuff coming tomorrow.

3. MaccloNe

MaccloNe Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    IT
    is the spring game still on?

4. Istate

Istate Active Member

Jul 15, 2008
    No kidding. What's worse? The news coming out of Ames last night during the "riot" that has lead to the cancellation of VEISHA this year or the news coming out of Jack Trice? Thank God this is the spring and not fall.

5. Luth4Cy

Luth4Cy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Ames, IA
    Yes.

6. jay moe

jay moe Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Educator
    southern iowa
    Still holding out hope that the defense can at least be serviceable, the LB's can be better than last year, but if the d-line is as bad as we are all anticipating, it won't matter.

7. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    No punting. No kickoffs. Ones vs twos although those are just temporary positions until the real guys come back next fall. Sounds semi-boring compared to other spring games. It will be interesting how many observers show up with no VEISHA. Over /Under for 5000?

8. Cyclone07

Cyclone07 Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Ames, IA
    Sounds like Alton Meeks is currently running with the ones. This doesn't shock me, as Jordan Harris is still adapting to the defense. But wouldn't be shocked if Meeks gives him a run for his money for the starting spot.

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Engineer
    Denver, CO
    I am hopeful about the position as well. Jevohn Miller seemed to turn it on at the end of last year, and Brackens has only about a year at LB now so I'm hopeful he's improving a lot like a lot of JUCOs do in their 2nd year. Meeks beating out Seeley is a good sign if anything, in my opinion.

10. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    If Devron Moore doesn't come back, does that open up a scholarship for this year or is it too late? With the way the coaching staff talks up Levi Peters it would seem like he's earned one.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Engineer
    Denver, CO
    I think they already have one open for 2014-2015 thanks to Coe. It would be too late for this semester.

12. DBQR4CY

DBQR4CY Member

It's great to see some youth being talked about in terms of talent and not needing 3-4 years for them to be ready to play. With Trib, Knott, and hopefully Meeks we will hear these names on game day for years to come. Perhaps Aka and Cousins can be in that too long with Meyers. While I hope the new staff can start making some head way in terms of recruiting better Defensive talent (look at the players who have moved onto the NFL over the last couple of years from ISU) that it would help recruiting. While a few high school recruits for the front 4 would be great, CPR's and staff better be searching the JUCO ranks and hitting it hard.

13. jbindm

jbindm Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Des Moines
    Well, that would suck. Let's just hope Moore comes back then.

14. cyclone4L

cyclone4L Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Chemical Engineer
    Anymore updates on Moore?

15. khardbored

khardbored Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Middle of the Midwest
    I have no moore info on Moore.