New Tunnel Graphic

Discussion in 'Football' started by cycloneinpdx, Aug 1, 2013.

1. cycloneinpdx

cycloneinpdx Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Western Nebraska
  2. Scott34

Scott34 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Cedar Rapids
    That is bad ***!!!

3. CysRage

CysRage Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I wondered if they would do something to make the tunnel look more appealing. I like it! I hope there are more surprises with the tunnel entrance this year!

4. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    That looks pretty awesome though I did giggle a bit at "take the field". Hopefully the guys passing through there are already aware that is the plan.

5. 3TrueFans

3TrueFans Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Ames
    Looking good.

6. cycloneinpdx

cycloneinpdx Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Western Nebraska
    Also, the ISU Athletics Facebook page deleted this... I wonder if they meant for this to get out. Oh well. Ha. It would get out eventually.

7. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN
    That's awesome!

8. Luth4Cy

Luth4Cy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Ames, IA
    Looks great! I still wish they would extend the tunnel all the way to the field though.

9. cymate

cymate Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Ames, the labb
    Looks tacky along with the hanging interstate scoreboard sign, mini pressbox and the empty south endzone.

10. cycloneinpdx

cycloneinpdx Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Western Nebraska
    Yeah, I was there the first time they rolled it out--it seemed weird. I mean, I guess it's better than the blow up tunnel, especially now, but the new tunnel seemed anti-clamactic to me at the time.

Our whole entrance needs overhauled. The walk up is way too long, too old school (Sorry CPR), and should be better. I was a huge fan of what we had my fresh/soph year where they played Ladies and Gentlemen to a hit tape. Though the song that was specifically done last year for ISU by TechN9ne is pretty badass too. That, with the severe storm warning that they play is cool, but it can be better.

11. CY9008

CY9008 Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
    Was wondering that too. But they posted it on Instagram 4 hours ago now and it's still up.

12. Skidoosh

Skidoosh Active Member

May 27, 2012
    Aaaaaand here comes the new entrance/tunnel thread. All aboard!

13. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Male
    Can't argue with any of that. Jack Trice stadium is just a hodge podge mess that looks even more un-planned than it was.

I love the new football building and the indoor practice facility is great as well. Everything else really is a mess, and if you don't agree with that then you're drunk on the cardinal and gold kool-aid.

The tunnel is better than nothing at all and having our guys have to walk around it, but of course we screwed it up by not having it come out right in the northwest corner of the endzone right underneath the hillside. Put two huge steel doors on it and make it look like a storm shelter bunker. But no, instead we are going to have the guys run out of the tunnel right behind one of the interstate/scoreboard supports where nobody will be able to see them at all.

14. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    They reposted it again a few minutes ago

15. psychlone99

psychlone99 Well-Known Member

Meh. I think the graphics that have taken over the football complex are a bit much. They're everywhere now. Started with the south windows of the Jake. Now they're all over the Jake, hanging on the perimeter fencing near the entrances, covering most of the glass on the football facility, and covering various other surfaces in the vicinity. Now the tunnel entrance.

It's as if we're compensating for an overall lack of design consistency by plastering everything with graphics. If it was just a beautiful stadium complex, this stuff wouldn't be necessary. And it's all going to look dated in a few short years, just like the ugly, faded graphics on the Jacobson windows.

16. cycloneinpdx

cycloneinpdx Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Western Nebraska
    Yeah, but it's tough to make a "beautiful stadium complex" where there wasn't one. It's better than plain cement-- eventually, we'll get the SEZ and everything will be able to be more tied together. But until then, they might as well put these graphics in--they can always replace them when they fade (I don't know why they haven't done that on the Jacobson Windows).

17. WhatchaGonnaDo

WhatchaGonnaDo Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Male
    That's awesome!

18. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    Maybe we just need a good rug, man.

19. everyyard

everyyard Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    actually, as the trees mature around jack trice, I think it is going to end up looking very nice. The Jacobson is the biggest mistake.

20. istater7

istater7 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I think the graphics are pretty sweet, and coming from a 17 year old, I guess that shows you something from a recruit's standpoint (kind of). It's a hell of a lot better than plain old cement.