New member...

Discussion in 'Football' started by COMOcyclone, Nov 22, 2012.

1. COMOcyclone

COMOcyclone New Member

Nov 22, 2012
    ...Always a Cyclone fan, born in Storm Lake and lived in Newell. Torn between Missouri - I live in Columbia - and the Cyclones.

Now that Missouri is in the SEC I no longer have that conflict.

I expect Iowa State to improve now with the new football facility and nice money coming in from the television contract. If you enclose your stadium I believe you will draw crowds as big or bigger than Missouri with the Tigers in over their heads in the SEC. Within the last month two recruits have decommitted, latest Ramirez out of Kansas City - Clones should be in contact with this guy - I think you have a chance to land him. I also noticed Tennessee has a linebacker commit out of Winter Garden Florida. With them firing their coach I wonder if he is in play for the Cyclones since he is from the same place as Richardson. Iowa State also has a chance to get some of the Texas recruits which Missouri will no longer recruit.

The offensive lineman Curtis out of Orlando is solid, looks like your facility upgrade is already paying off. When Missouri build their similar facility a few years ago it was a big boost to recruiting.

Good luck to the Cyclones, I thoroughly enjoyed the win over Kansas and I guarantee you Missouri wishes they had Richardson.

2. kilgore_trout

kilgore_trout Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Your use of capitalization belies your assertion that you live in Missouri.

3. 19210

19210 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Welcome to the party JERK FACE, poo poo head! It's just your luck we were all giving out hugs and singing kumbaya around the campfire while passing around the peace pipe. Unfortunately for you happy and I mean happy hour is over. You are such a stinkyfartfacegopherhole! Good night!

4. MissouriCyclone

MissouriCyclone Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Landscape Deisgner
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    He also didn't put this thread in the right category...... What is this world coming to?!

5. InCytful

InCytful Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Omaha, NE
    As much as I don't like him, keeping Pinkel around for a long time has kept Missouri recruiting consistent. I tend to believe that he is a bad coach but a good recruiter. Never liked how he whined after Mac's last game at ISU and thought he treated Brad Smith poorly, but he did recruit some good players. They would not have fared much better this season in the Big XII than in the SEC, though for different reasons. Pinkel maybe nearing the end of his run?

6. InCytful

Jun 12, 2010
    Omaha, NE
    No. He seems like a legit Mizzou fan to me, though he isn't happy enough for KU losing. Many of them may have SEC remorse now that the season has not gone to plan.

7. 19210

19210 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Get the pitchforks and torches!! I smell an oger!!!

8. InCytful

Jun 12, 2010
    Omaha, NE
    I did just drive past Storm Lake on Hwy 71 today on my way to my parents for Thanksgiving. A few days in Iowa before heading to the Jack for ISU game. Hopefully Richardson shows more of that stuff the OP said Mizzou would love to have...

9. swarthmoreCY

swarthmoreCY Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Here nor there
    Welcome. Yes, when we enclose our stadium, things will be rolling.

Ramirez may be looking to go to the same program as teammate Jamone Boyd, a 4-star DE. That will probably be KSU.

10. aauummm

aauummm Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Male
    Retired
    On the road
    We are f a m i l y. I agree, when referring to ISU, Cyclones, etc. a real Cyclone fan would use the terms "we" and "us" and "our", etc because we automatically associate ourselves with anything in the Cyclone family.

11. weR138

weR138 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    I've got one question for you COMO, just one. And that is...R U TUFF AS RAIN???