New member, looking forward to learning more about ISU ahead of our Dec 4 matchup

Discussion in 'Welcome Messages and Introductions' started by razorbackinkc, Aug 22, 2014.

1. razorbackinkc

razorbackinkc Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Attorney
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the board and to the Midwest and I am really looking forward to heading up to Ames on Dec 4. I went to undergraduate school at the University of Arkansas and I typically attend every home and road game in football and 2-3 road games in basketball.

This year I'll be going to road games in Athens, Lexington, and Ames.

Woo Pig Sooie!

2. ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    ...in the trees...
    There's a joke in there about a Hawg coming up to visit family in Iowa, but I don't think I'll go there. So, I'll just say hello...I hope you enjoy your visit here. Hilton is a great environment, and the Cyclones play a fun game to watch. And no offense, but I'd just as soon you left with a loss! :)

3. TXCyclones

TXCyclones Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    TX
    Welcome! But in spite of what you might have heard about Iowa those mating calls don't work here (unless you're really after farm animals, then maybe, but only if you flirt with them a little first).

4. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    Welcome! What was the Razorback fans' reaction to getting a trip to Ames in the Big 12/SEC challenge? I know Cyclone fans were a little disappointed we didn't land a game with Kentucky or Florida, no offense. I still think it should be a fun game.

5. KnappShack

KnappShack Well-Known Member

May 27, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    What do you need to know about ISU....humm

Our school was founded due to the Morrill Act which was signed by Abraham Lincoln

WWII was won in no small part due to the our contributions to the Manhattan Project

ISU is the birthplace of the first digital computer

We have the largest student run festival in the nation called VEI....oh....wait....you just need to know the three items and a bonus fourth item.....home of the dreamiest coach in all the land!

6. razorbackinkc

razorbackinkc Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Attorney
    Kansas City, MO
    A lot of people were complaining that we didn't get Texas or Kansas but I'm thrilled to be playing ISU. I enjoyed watching y'all play in the tourney last year.

7. awd4cy

awd4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Agronomy Sales
    Illinois
    Honestly, I'm glad we drew you at home this year. Winning at Arkansas is not easy at all and that was apparent last year.

8. JP4CY

JP4CY Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Sommerset
    Glad you can make the game. Travel safe. Hilton is a great basketball venue.

9. jay moe

jay moe Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Educator
    southern iowa
    Enjoy the game day environment inside Hilton Coliseum, it is second to none. And by the way, we have a really good team that hardly ever loses at home.

10. razorbackinkc

razorbackinkc Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Attorney
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, we've been **** poor on the road and nearly invincible at home. My understanding is that the BXII/SEC challenge will consist if two year home-home matchups, so I'm looking forward to both games.

11. awd4cy

awd4cy Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Agronomy Sales
    Illinois
    Wasn't sure since last year we got Auburn and only played once.

12. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    Where did you hear that? I thought the games were getting re-assigned every season, but trying to keep the home/away ratios fairly even.

13. weR138

weR138 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Welcome! The Football Razorbacks gotta get rid of Beilma...sucha DOOOSH. Also, it's time to come home to the SWC errrrr Big 12.

14. razorbackinkc

razorbackinkc Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Attorney
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't recall. I could be wrong I guess -- what a bummer.

I'm not receiving immediate confirmation from the google machines.

15. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    We have a great arena and fan support, but our fans do really get on the officials. They cheer loud for everything positive and negative, if you're thick skinned I'm sure you'll like the atmosphere though.