Need Advice: What to do with a 3rd bedroom

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Would your average 3rd bedroom really have enough space for a pool table? Maybe the actual pool, but to actually get around and play, those things always need way more space than you think.

Good point, 11x11 would be too cramped on the ends. Maybe one of those smaller round type bumper pool tables? Or ping pong, foosball, something along those lines.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Would your average 3rd bedroom really have enough space for a pool table? Maybe the actual pool, but to actually get around and play, those things always need way more space than you think.

You'd get some nice holes in the wall playing pool in an 11x11 room

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Get a couch in there for a guest to sleep on or something.
Get a record player
Get some records
Get one of those globes that you can put booze in
Get a giant picture of something cool
Get a couple plants
Get a small TV

Boom coolest room in the house.

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
The pool table isn't a bad idea, but the room's just not big enough for it.

Knowing myself, if I made it a junk room I would haphazardly pile a ton of crap in there. I think I'll just use the closet in the room as a smaller space for that kind of stuff. That way I don't go too overboard.

I thought about making it a exercise space, but we have a really nice wellness center in my building at work with bikes, treadmills, weight machines, dumbbells, etc. I've actually been really good about working out there after work at least a couple days a week the last several months.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Make a panic room so you and Kristen Stewart can hide from Forest Whitaker, Dwight Yoakam, and Jared Leto.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Grow room

or

maybe start buying old arcade/pinball machines and make an arcade room

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Hobby of some sort, me, I'd build a model railroad, although 11x11 is a little small. N scale!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron