Nader arrested for OWI?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm more talking about the people who are already panicking about Nader getting kicked off the team without any indication of how the staff is going to handle this. Also, not all OWI's are created equal. What was his BAC? Was he driving recklessly? What was the scenario that led to him getting pulled over? Still lots of gaps to start jumping toward conclusions about punishment IMO.

Yeah, kinda like all of those people on here that believed Irving was actually removing the stop sign from the street so that the ambulance could get through, right?

I'm sure Nader's DUI wasn't a big deal. I'm sure we're all just taking it the wrong way.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
He's 20, so IIRC that means he could have blown .02 and been arrested due to zero tolerance laws. So was he .02, .05, or .2? Did he have 1 drink or 20? There's a lot we still don't know unless I'm missing part of the story.
Did he get the OWI without drinking and driving? Unless the answer is no, then we have a lot of information.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'm more talking about the people who are already panicking about Nader getting kicked off the team without any indication of how the staff is going to handle this. Also, not all OWI's are created equal. What was his BAC? Was he driving recklessly? What was the scenario that led to him getting pulled over? Still lots of gaps to start jumping toward conclusions about punishment IMO.
Will it be the staff's decision?
The value of those other questions is moot.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Dumb. When will these athletes realize, fairly or unfairly, that they are held to a slightly different standard than the average student and their behavior has to be slightly better, not average and certainly not worse.

Also, I'm not sure how involved he was with the recruitment/hosting of BDJ this weekend, but that makes this even more stupid. Hopefully BDJ was not with him in the car. I don't know if it would affect BDJ's attitude in a positive or negative way, but I'm guessing it is not something that is necessarily going to help with his impressions of ISU. Might not be too impressive to any family he had here either. It may have no affect at all, but then we may never know either. Just a stupid, immature thing to do that shows poor decision-making.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It happens to all sectors: teachers, politicians, clergy, rich people, poor people, smart people, stupid people, and collegiate athletes. You're right, it is stupid, but it's a choice millions of people make every year and most are lucky enough to get away with it. Nader won't be kicked off the team for making this dumb choice. He better keep his act together from now on, though.
That is why Donald Trump always used a chaffeur.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Fred can't control his players. They have no respect about him, and guys don't care about basketball or the program. Fred needs to stop recruiting all these thugs.

:jimlad:

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Will it be the staff's decision?
The value of those other questions is moot.

I don't see how they're moot at all. I don't see why it wouldn't be the staff's decision, these things are generally handled in the athletic department, no?

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
In his defense, he'd been asked to tail CPR's son and Fred's daughter all night at prom.