Media Day

Discussion in 'Women's Basketball' started by jahfg, Oct 1, 2013.

1. jahfg

jahfg Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Ames
    Media day is tomorrow. I see on cyclones.tv that they are having a special at 3:45. Does anyone know what time the actual event starts? I searched but couldn't find anything.

2. mred

mred Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    SE WI
  3. StClone

StClone Active Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Yeah. I should be home by 4:10. It's that time of the year!

4. StClone

StClone Active Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Wisconsin
    My quick take away points from Media Day are:

1. Brynn has embraced being a more all-around player.
    2. Maddie and Ellis are challenged to step up so have yet to meet Bill's expectations.
    3. Hallie will be the 5 but will be given opportunity to step out.
    4. Jadda and Johnson have met or exceeded expectations and will contribute early.
    5. It may be 4-in-offense, but defense will step up and to create more scoring.
    6. Jensen looks like to have BIG XII frame and is pretty much ready to roll.
    7. Excitement abounds. Will it be justified?

5. mred

mred Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    SE WI
    Cody Westerlund tweeted that Jensen is still being held out of contact drills as she continues recovering from her ACL/MCL tears, and they are unsure what role she'll play. We desperately need her to get to playing shape.

6. StClone

StClone Active Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Wisconsin
    From an Ames Tribune story:

Freshman post Jordan Jensen is still recovering from a left knee injury originally suffered in July 2012 that was then scoped this past July. She’s practicing but continues to be limited to non-contact drills, with Fennelly saying, “We got to build her strength level back up.”

In her interviews Jordan seems upbeat and positive saying she will be ready when the season opens. We need a post to work in for Hallie to protect her from fouls, to spell her and in case of injury.

7. BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Project Manager
    Minnesota
    I hope the other "bigs" can step up more so Hallie is not stuck having to play the 5 all of the time which I think will sorta suck for both her and the team.

8. Nuts4Cy

Nuts4Cy Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Besides the great coverage provided here on CF, there is a free article on AllCyclones.com about media day.

Scout.com: Back Again