Iowa State - logo font / higher res files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgprest, Jul 14, 2014.

1. bgprest

bgprest Member

Aug 18, 2008
    VP-Manufacturing
    Plano, TX
    Hey guys -

I created a logo design for my RABBRAI ride - just to print one bicycle jersey, for myself. But, a friend of mine who was going to print it on my jersey is telling me that the resolution is just way too poor.

Does anybody have a higher res file sample of both the "Iowa State" and "Cyclones" lettering that they could send me? I need it right away if at all possible.

Thanks,

Brian

2. bgprest

bgprest Member

Aug 18, 2008
    VP-Manufacturing
    Plano, TX
    Thanks, I had found that. But I don't think I can get the resolution I need from that, can I?

Brian

3. ISU42

ISU42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    That file is vector. What design program are you using?

4. jbhtexas

jbhtexas Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Arlington, TX
    What resolution do you need? If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can save the file as a TIFF with up to 2400 pixels/inch, and then crop what you want out of the TIFF.

It appears that the graphics are stored in the PDF in vector format and the fonts are embedded, so if you export it as described above you should get high-res output.

5. isubeatle

isubeatle Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Web Designer
    Des Moines
    All you have to do is open that PDF in Photoshop at whatever resolution you want. 300ppi is standard print resolution and you can easily get that or higher if you wanted.

If you want the vector, you can open it up in Illustrator and pick which page you want to open. you won't need the cyclone font for the curved IOWA STATE and CYCLONES word treatments and will be vector and you can do whatever you want with them.