Great insight into Jadda

Discussion in 'Women's Basketball' started by acoustimac, May 28, 2013.

1. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Associate Professor
    Lamoni, IA
  2. moforisu

moforisu Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Male
    So set was Buckley on attending ISU that even before committing to the Cyclones as a sophomore, she wouldn’t return phone calls to other college coaches who were recruiting her.
    “I’m like, ‘Did you call?’” Mary said. “She’s like, ‘No. I just feel like I’m betraying ISU if I even make a phone call.’”

Now that's commitment. Can't wait to see her in an ISU uniform.
    Welcome Jada!

3. mitten1975

mitten1975 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Great article! I wonder how someone gets so motivated so young.

4. twistedredbird

twistedredbird Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Executive Director
    Midwest
    She is definitely going to have a great impact on ISU. Sometimes you just need that one player that will change the future and I hope for everyone it works out as hoped.

Article also demonstrates what a great ambassador Lyndsey is for ISU with young players.

5. StClone

StClone Active Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Good read acoustimac.

Hallie is my all-time favorite from Iowa WBB player ever because she has an easy-going-can-do-attitude. I trust as Hallie's career winds down, I will have shifted my gears to welcome Jadda's driven-must-do mindset. Will she push this team to higher goals? We have some athletes and I hope Jadda stirs the team chemistry to produce like, or beyond, anything we have experienced before.

6. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Associate Professor
    Lamoni, IA
    I almost hate to make this comparison, but I can think of two point guards that seemed to be as driven as Jadda - Medders and Wilson. Medders was the consummate teammate while Wilson wasn't. The reason I point this out is that for Jadda to take this team to another level she needs to be like her mentor. That connection gives me great hope.