Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Angie, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Angie

Angie square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    IT
    IA
    We're going to try this again. Please just be courteous to others, that's the overall theme.

Rules of the thread:

1. DON'T POST SPOILERS. If you're going to talk about something that's coming up, put it in the Spoiler tag thingy (this is available in the advanced posting mode). Even then, it's going to work better if you just go talk about stuff in the Book thread, where you can be sure other people who know what is going to happen in the books can respond.

2. If you don't know what's going to happen, DON'T HIT QUOTE ON A SPOILER or click on it. You can copy/paste text and put it in your post, if you'd like, but quoting a spoiler is going to show you what was inside the spoiler. If you don't want to know, don't hit quote or click on the spoiler.

3. We won't be banning anyone just over this thread, but please report offenders to the rules. If need be, we may ask a repeat offender to stop posting in the thread. If they don't comply with THAT, then we may take further action. If you report stuff, it goes to a broader base of mods than just the ones who are GoT fans, so it may get removed faster.

Two episodes left in this season! Who has theories?

2. CyOps

CyOps Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Cat Burglar
    Lincoln
  3. ISUChippewa

ISUChippewa Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I don't have any theories, at least not anything that hasn't already been thought of, but just out of curiosity does anyone else find themselves beginning to kind of like Ramsey? I know he's evil and sadistic and a psychopath, but he's a psychopath with Daddy issues. Makes him a bit sympathetic IMO.

4. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Network and Server Admini
    No.

[​IMG]

5. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    If some plot lines keep moving as fast as they are (Sansa/Lil Finger), as early as next year the shoe could be on the other foot.

6. Cutlass

Cutlass Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Software Developer
    Omaha
    I don't care what your Daddy issues are. You just don't chop off another mans shillelagh. He's not sympathetic in the slightest.

7. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    See, Im sympathetic to Theon. He had daddy issues and tried to make his ****** father proud. He never intended any of the consequences that followed. That scene a season or two ago in the tunnel where he talked about Eddard Stark tugged at the heart strings a bit.

8. ISUME

ISUME Active Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I think The Hound is going to die from that cut on his neck. The only reason I think this is because Arya said, "You should have let me burn that." This was after she saw The Hound picking at it.

Also, I think the men at the wall are going to be killed and cooked, because one of them said something to the effect of making sure the last man burns the bodies.

9. BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Project Manager
    Minnesota
    My predictions for the last two episodes are:
    1. Some bad people will die.
    2. Some not as bad people will die.
    3. Some people that are not really bad at all will die.
    4. Some gratuitous nudity in episode 10 but none in episode 9.
    5. No dragons (yet).
    6. Hodor!
    7. More simply awesome acting across the board by this cast.

10. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
  11. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    IT
    IA
    I have trouble with Theon because he's just SUCH a turd, even before he betrayed all of the Starks. If he would have found Bran and Rickon, I think he would have indeed killed them to make daddy proud - and that keeps me from really liking him. It's just like I never really liked Catelyn all that much, because I felt like she made her own bed by first not staying with her kids rather than running off for revenge, and secondly by not just letting Tyrion do his thing at the inn but instead making a huge deal.

I sort of liked when that disgusting prostitute got impaled in this last episode.

I'm curious to see where the show goes with Jorah.

12. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    I dont Theon would have killed the kids. His men would have probably done it because they were all ******. You could tell Theon had his reservations and it illed him when he and his men cut down those folks at Winterfell. He just wanted to capture that property and look good to his father.

He is definitely reaping what he sowed though. I just dont think he is all bad. One of those grey characters.

13. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    IT
    IA
    I can see that. And I do feel the same about Catelyn - you understand their motivations, even if you don't agree with them or the resulting actions.

14. Rabbuk

Rabbuk Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Little finger killed Dumbledore.

15. Angie

Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    IT
    IA
    You get out!

16. State43

State43 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Graphic Designer
    Omaha, NE
    I got a bad feeling regarding the hound also. I think it would be a shame but not unexpected. Unless they plan a full redemption of his character, his future plot line is pretty much insignificant.
    I think Robin is a dead man walking but PB would have to be a fool to kill him soon as that would cause obvious hostility between him and the Vale.
    Where is Stanis headed? The last detail they mentioned was Davos reading the message from the wall and Millasandra telling them the war of kings was insignificant in comparison. Any chance he heads north?
    Boltons heading for winterfell. I hope they get their houses treatment In return.
    What will be the response from the Martells if any?
    And Tyrion... I dont thing GRRM has the balls to mill him off just yet. Something is going to happen to spare him but no idea what.
    And Jorah, the more I thought about it, the more his banishment is justified. Danny might blame him for the death of drago and her baby. We know his feelings but she may wonder with all the constant betrayal going on, who is to say he isn't planning something long term.
    So many good storylines.

17. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Accountant
    Altoona
    My assumption was the only reason he wasn't already headed that way was because he didn't have much of an army to send. Now that he has the iron banks money to buy troops I would assume that's where they are headed but this show has a way of destroying assumptions

18. helechopper

helechopper Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2006
    ACD
    Chicago
    Agree. I think the bite does the Hound in. I actually think his fate was sealed when the Red Viper killed his big brother before he could himself, terminating that potential brother vs. brother confrontation. To take it further, remember when the Hound mercy killed that guy from the village a few episodes back? I think Arya will mercy kill the Hound. If that happens I'm going to cry, but I think that's how the show sets up. The bite is going to linger until he's just too weak to go on. After that, I see Arya free to head to Brovos and make good on that coin.

19. You guys are so cute with your guess and your theories.

Valar Morghulis.