Fishing anyone???

Discussion in 'Politics - Religion - Global Warming' started by KMAC_ATTACK, Mar 9, 2010.

1. KMAC_ATTACK

KMAC_ATTACK Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    Well if Obama and these whack organizations have their way, fishing, a right of passage could be outlawed on all oceans, coastal waters, great lakes and inland waters....

This is the craziest thing i've ever heard and i would love to see them enforce this!!!!!

Obama moving to limit fishing access - ESPN

2. mdclone

mdclone Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Iowa
    There's no way this will happen, the state gov'ts make too much money off recreational fishing to let the fed mess with it, not to mention the public backlash that would happen.

3. herbicide

herbicide Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    Didn't this guy run as a moderate?

4. randallhatfield

May 28, 2009
    really, you thought this guy ran as a moderate? Nothing in his speeches lent me to believe he was a moderate. In fact I realized he was farther left then Senator Clinton.

5. keepngoal

keepngoal Jobless Jerk
    Staff Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Obama, during his campaign, made me a Hillary supporter. Knowing that McCain wouldn't get elected, I was rooting for Hillary. She is/was(?) a known quantity.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cyeah

cyeah Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    Director of Operations
    Houston, TX
    WHAT? The press may have called him a moderate, but you do not hang around the people this guy hung around and surrounds himself with if you are a moderate.

Let me introduce you to a bit of reality, this is the most strident leftist marxist we have ever seen in the oval office. This guy makes liberals like Kennedy and Clinton (H) look moderate.

7. alarson

alarson Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Advertising sales
    Ankeny
    Agreed. Would be interesting to see how things would be if she was president.

8. Flag Guy

Flag Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Material Engineer
    Maryland
    It'd probably be illegal to be a man at this point

9. herbicide

Mar 24, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    He did try to present himself as a moderate. My comment was a little tongue in cheek.

10. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I don't understand that piece at all. It gives absolutely no specifics as to what they are concerned will happen and why it would happen, other than Obama is an evil liberal and hates recreational fishing.

What it does read like is exactly what it is, an opinion piece intended to rile people up by making vague accusations.
    I don't think there was one single specific piece of policy that they don't want mentioned in the whole article, which I find odd.

Since that article sounds so scary, I did a little research.

Here is NOAA's "marine spatial planning" page. I don't see anything scary on it at all.
    http://www.msp.noaa.gov/index.html

There are already a multitude of regulations as to when, where and what you can fish. It seems to that all this effort does is to use new technology to better tune those regulations.

Now I've said my piece, go on with your regularly scheduled, information-free partisan ***** fest.

11. herbicide

Mar 24, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    The begining of the article shows why people are upset:

If you can't understand why a group of people would be upset over this...

12. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA

They took public input, right? They can't take input forever, at some point it has to come to and end, right?

As for the second thing you bolded, that's what I'm not seeing. Not once did the writer of the piece provide any details as to why or how they came to suspect it as a "charade".

Is it not true that there are some bodies of water, or areas of coast, in which "US citizens" are prohibited from fishing today?

13. herbicide

Mar 24, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    You're right, they give no specifics. Perhaps because they have not been given any either, hence the concern. I don't see this being a hard concept to grasp.

14. TykeClone

TykeClone Burgermeister!

Oct 19, 2006
    Dude.

They're the government and are here to help you.

15. KMAC_ATTACK

KMAC_ATTACK Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    If this administration and these left wingist wants to do something about fishing?.... Maybe they should focus on a way to eliminate the Asian Carp that has no natural predators and reproduces several times a year as compared to our native species which mostly reproduce once a year. If this fish gets up the illinois river into the great lakes it would single handedly eliminate all gamefish in the great lakes......talk about ruining an ecosystem or leaving a legacy....

now to me, this would be a much more long lasting impact on our natural resources then limiting when and where i can take my kid fishing....

Electric fish barrier to be activated in Ship Canal - Chicago Breaking News

YouTube - Edwin Nichols Asian Carp On Missouri River

16. mapnerd

mapnerd Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Obama wants to make it illegal to eat ice cream on Sundays. It's true - I heard it or read it somewhere. I don't have any specifics at this point, however.

17. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    You are right. It's much more productive to ***** about stuff with no facts and whine about Obama. I shouldn't ever ask for facts or information. You guys are conservatives and have all the answers, even though you can't actually get anyone elected. :skeptical:

18. TykeClone

TykeClone Burgermeister!

Oct 19, 2006
    Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports

19. herbicide

Mar 24, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    So I guess whining about whiners is productive then.

20. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA