Fargo

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sighclone Fan, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Sighclone Fan

Sighclone Fan Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Male
    Anyone watch the first episode of the FX mini series Fargo?

It has taken a lot of similar ideas from the movie Fargo, but it's a completely different plot. Pretty entertaining so far. If you're a fan of the movie I'd say this is worth a watch. Almost has a No Country For Old Men-of-the-north feel to it.

2. dahliaclone

dahliaclone Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Minneapolis
    I loved the first episode. Got way more violent than I thought it would for a first episode but so be it. I'm intrigued and it's on my 'must watch' list at the moment every week.

3. Daserop

Daserop Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Space Debris Collection
    The Bebop
    People who think Iowa is boring haven't been to North Dakota.

4. klamath632

klamath632 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Loved it. I don't remember much about the original Fargo movie, but wow the violence and language last night really caught me off guard. I literally gasped at what happened with about fifteen minutes left in the episode. Wow, just wow.

5. dahliaclone

Mar 5, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Ugh, the movie is one of my all time favorites. Just about as perfect of a movie as you can get in my opinion.

6. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
    Wife was watching Ellen yesterday and Kate Walsh (so hot btw) was the guest. IIRC she mentioned it taking place in the same universe as the move.

7. dahliaclone

Mar 5, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Same universe, sure. Zero of the same characters.

8. cyclone83

cyclone83 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Billy Bob Thornton's character is similar to the hit man in No Country For Old Men. Read a review that this is a new trend in series, commit to 10 episodes only to get some bigger stars to sign on that way the writers have a definite timeline to wrap everything up. If it continues onto another season it will be all new characters and story line.

Kind of wondering if Under The Dome will get a little lame as they try to drag it out into a second season. I was ready for it to be all wrapped up last August now I have to invest an hour a week all summer to see how it ends. Kind of like having to suffer through an entire last season of How I Met Your Mother just to see how it ends.

9. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Maybe Lake Bison will have some comments.

10. CynadoAlley

CynadoAlley Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Seed Salesman
    Akron, IA
    Where might a guy watch it for free online?

11. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Network and Server Admini
    Glad about the trucking guy
    , torn on Martin Freemans path, and
    sad about the cop.

That scene with Tom Hank's son (Colin) was pretty stellar. You could feel his fear when confronting Billy Bob. Terrific acting by both.

12. Sighclone Fan

Sighclone Fan Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Male
    It looks like you have to log-in with your TV provider to watch full off their website. http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/fargo

13. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Have set the DVR, and might watch tonight.

14. tman24

tman24 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Just got done watching it. Way better than I was expecting. Very good acting, and written well. I am excited for the rest of the season.

15. dahliaclone

Mar 5, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Only helps that the Coens have helped pen quite a few of the episodes.

16. cyinne

cyinne Active Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Just got done watching the pilot tonite- this show is something else. Lester is quite the odd duck..... Interesting to see where the plot goes. I'm definitely gonna keep this one in the DVR que.

17. I watched it over Easter. Only problem is I can't watch anymore until I go to the parents house. Is it somethign that is on Justin.TV?

18. ProjectFree.tv

19. Angie

Angie square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Female
    IT
    IA
    Billy Bob's character seems to be a straight-up anarchist. I'm really interested to watch him develop.

20. bos

bos Legend
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Network and Server Admini

I like him because he is calm. His moves are calculated. The guy gets out of the trunk and runs away into the night. Does he chase after him? No. He knows the guy wont make it anyway.
    The guy getting it on with the stripper....does he make a show and talk smack before plunging in the death strike? No. He just walks in, stabs, and walks away like no big deal.