Bug Defect: Forum Chain Needs to Be Moved

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking and Enhancement Requests' started by Die4Cy, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Die4Cy

Die4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Defect Submission Tool
    General Defect Title
    Forum Chain Needs to Be Moved
    Defect Category
    Forum Index / Recent Posts
    Browers Tested
    • Mozilla Firefox
    Detailed Description
    This isn't a defect but would be a convenience that would make browsing CF more enjoyable.

At the top of every viewed thread is a "forum chain." It tells you the pathway that got you to the page you are viewing. For example, a recent one:

Forum->Iowa State->Men's Basketball->Royce White Trending on Twitter Tonight

If this were able to be put at the bottom of the page as well as the top it would save me from navigating back to the top of a viewed page to go back to a part of the chain I had viewed previously without going to the home page and beginning again. I coud click "Mens Basketball" without having to scroll all the way back to the top, or "Iowa State" to go to the main forum page. Currently, I roll myself back up to the top of the page to find the forum chain or revisit the site by going back to the home page, which requires additonal clicks.

Just a thought.

2. ISUAgronomist

ISUAgronomist Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Ag Research
    Close Enough, IA
    Have you used the "Top" button at the bottom of the page? It eliminated the need to scroll back up.

3. CLONECONES

CLONECONES Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Real Estate
    RVA
  4. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    Can't you just hit "home" or "page up" to scroll up?

5. longtimeclone

longtimeclone Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Up north
    :wideeyed: I just noticed the top button.

6. Die4Cy

Die4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    I see you went and added a "TOP" button and are pretending it was there all along. Very clever. I have underestimated you again CF Mods.:twitcy: