DeAndre Kane's Special Message to Cyclone Nation

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by DandyCyclone, Apr 1, 2014.

1. DandyCyclone

DandyCyclone Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Male
    Western Iowa
    Behind the Scenes with DeAndre Kane:
    http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=209450166

Being able to play at Madison Square Garden, the best basketball arena in the world, was a special moment for me and my teammates. We were so happy that we actually wanted to go to shoot around in the morning instead of sleep. Just the making to the Sweet 16 and playing in that arena was a blessing.

Playing for Coach Fred has been the best time ever in my life. I couldn’t ask for a better coach. He has helped so much on and off the court and I couldn’t thank him more. For coach to bring me and mold me into something I never thought I could become was amazing.

To Cyclone Nation, thank you, thank you, thank you! When I got to Ames I didn’t know what to expect. I was a little nervous about whether I could survive in the cold of Iowa, but it worked out great. All year long you have been great to the team and myself, Cyclone nation. I can't thank you enough.

To my teammates. Wow, I won't forget the year memories that we shared. I loved playing with you guys and I will miss you all so much. I will never forget what we did for the City of Ames. Bros for life.

Thanks for everything, Cyclone Nation. See you soon….

With Love,

Deandre Kane

2. CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8 Well-Known Member

Awe... Darn it. :cry:

3. Cyowan008

Cyowan008 Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Engineer for Kiewit
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I hope I run into him somewhere just so I can shake that man's hand.

4. buf87

buf87 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Iowa
    So since DeAndre has his undergraduate degree, is he finishing the year at Iowa State in Graduate School or is he working on his game for Pro ball?

5. TXCyclones

TXCyclones Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    TX
    Dang it it's getting hard to see in here! Must be a fog moving in. :cry: Glad he chose us, and that we chose him. One hell of a Cyclone.

6. Bigman38

Bigman38 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Only bad thing I can say about Kane is we only got to see him in a Cyclone uniform for 1 year.

7. CloneZone13

CloneZone13 Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Thank You DeAndre! I wish we had you for longer, but I"m glad you were able to adjust to Ames and your new team. We are very appreciative of what you and the team accomplished this year. It was a very exciting season. I wish you the best in what you choose to do, but know that you're always welcome in Ames! Hope to see you playing again soon!

8. WastedTalent

WastedTalent Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Need to get recruits in here while Kane is still around. Who better to sell the program to potential one n done transfers?

9. 88clone

88clone Member

Feb 3, 2014
    None
    West Des Moines
    My eyes are tearing up big time. What a great message from a great player and an even better person! I would love it if I could rename my boys DeAndre and Melvin.

10. Dryburn

Dryburn Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Somewhere in the U.S.
    So glad he chose ISU. Hindsight is perfect, but can you imagine the player he would have been, or the team this would have been if all, including Hogue, Edozie and Kane, had been here as freshmen under Fred?

11. 88clone

88clone Member

Feb 3, 2014
    None
    West Des Moines
    Remember, that's not the "right way" to run a program. You need to bring in HS kids that nobody wanted and yell at them while they don't develop.

12. Cincyclone

Cincyclone Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2012
    DeAndre's contributions won't soon be forgotten!

13. Cyclonesince78

Cyclonesince78 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    One of my all time favorites.

14. Sjsbusbzmz

Sjsbusbzmz New Member

Mar 29, 2014
    The rule is meant to get a masters degree. Yea right. The way it's happening the NCAA will put a stop to it.

15. 88clone

88clone Member

Feb 3, 2014
    None
    West Des Moines
    I agree. There is a lot of jumping ship. I wonder what the numbers are on the kids that take advantage of this rule and how many actually get advanced degrees.

16. DiehardClone

DiehardClone Member

Jan 29, 2014
    I only have one son, so he'll be renamed DeAndre Melvin.

17. MayorsAge

MayorsAge Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Thanks DeAndre for having a super smokeshow girlfriend that liked to take selfie's during the Big XII Tournament- Brent Musberger

18. HFCS

HFCS Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Art Director
    LA LA Land
    1. Your 3 posts make me lean heavily toward you being a jealous Hawkeye troll.

2. The players using this rule have already graduated either from redshirting, injuries, summer classes or whatever. Whether they transfer or not they'll be a graduate student, and whether they transfer or not most likely won't finish that graduate degree once they're paying their own tuition and no longer eligible for sports.

DeAndre Kane was an absolute warrior for this team and by all accounts has done well as a student athlete on our campus. As an alumni who paid a lot for my ISU degree I'm not a fan of athletes potentially dragging ISU's name through the mud, I haven't felt that way about a single one of Hoiberg's transfer players. It's ugly and pathetic jealousy to bring up stuff like this.

19. IAStubborn

IAStubborn Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Male
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Kane would already be in the NBA if he were here as a freshman.

20. Nuts4Cy

Nuts4Cy Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Deandre kane@King_Kane50 18m
    We'll Ames it's been real thanks for everything @ISUMayor32 u helped me so much on and off the court and I can't stop thanking u #mayormagic

I guess he's already leaving campus. So he won't be there to help recruit future transfers.