Cy-Hawk locker room thief was former Iowa student with no connection to ISU

Discussion in 'Football' started by Trice, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Trice

Trice Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Ankeny, Iowa
    #1 Trice, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN
    Re: Cy-Hawk locker room theif was former Iowa student with no connection to ISU

CALLED IT!!!

3. CyTwins

CyTwins Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny

Should I send a letter to any prospective students thinking about enrolling in the University of Iowa?

4. azepp

azepp Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Ankeny

It's still sad that he was able to get into the locker room, but I'm glad it wasn't an ISU student or fan.

5. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville

That's all fine and good but the security still failed. It says he attended as a fan so a fan got into the locker rooms which should never happen.

6. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica

Does this mean that we're not a dangerous thug school anymore? I'll miss being tough.

7. ianoconnor

ianoconnor Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Male
    Urbandale

Hawkeyes gonna Hawkeye

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cyclones01

Cyclones01 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2008
    Male
    Urbandale

Our AD needs to send out letters to all Big 10 Athletic Departments to be careful and watch out for this guy when they visit Iowa City

9. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Accountant
    The Metro

Apparently not since he fled the country.

10. Trice

Trice Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Ankeny, Iowa

This is true. But crappy things happen sometimes. The fact that it did happen stinks but isn't any sort of indictment against ISU. What would have been really embarrassing is if ISU had handled it poorly in the aftermath. Instead, ISU stepped up and offered to replace lost items and investigated the incident. If this had happened in Iowa City and Iowa responded as well as we had, reasonable Clone fans would have been satisfied with that.

But setting all that aside, it is pretty rich that the kid is a former Iowa student.

11. GrindingAway

GrindingAway Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2006

He fled the country for the crime of stealing a cell phone and $50?

What's the punishment for that? A few weeks of probation and a scholarship offer from Ferentz?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ISUCubswin

ISUCubswin Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    My Playhouse

Yeah…not too shocked. Iowa State fans can boo a lot, but overall we know how to act at athletic events. We don't have sex in restrooms at games, or steal from the opponent. Thats only cool in Iowa City.

13. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN

Well he's a hawk fan, so we know he's not very bright.

14. NorthCyd

NorthCyd Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011

Yeah, still on the security that a fan was able to just wander in and take a bunch of stuff. The fact that it is a former U of I student only really matters to the **** talking crowd. But it should put a damper on Hawk fans latest and greatest line of smack.

15. dunar

dunar Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Software Engineer
    Altoona, IA

Love the first (only?) comment on the story...

16. CyArob

CyArob Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Nuclear Fusion
    MN

Even better, he stole from his own team.

17. mt85

mt85 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006

My money was on DJK, but I guess he was too busy writing a book.

18. CyStalker

CyStalker Active Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Ankeny

Don't disagree that security failed, however, Iowa "forgot" to lock the door when they left the locker room. That's someones responsibility and it just slipped their mind? Once I heard that I thought it all smelled fishy.

19. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa

This is my "I'm not shocked at all" face

20. inCyteful

inCyteful Active Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Male
    Executive
    Fort Collins, CO

We're kewl, still Thugville thanks to Melvin, DeAndre and Dustin, they be Thuggin'. I suspect Monte is a closet Thug as well.