Cheating....

Discussion in 'Football' started by Beyerball, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Beyerball

Beyerball Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Sales
    Texas
    I'd like a serious discussion on what people think of us turning to just trying to pay better recruits to come in along with using roids. Lol. I'm not kidding. Why not take the chance? What's the worst that can happen? Hell Penn st. Destroyed dozens of children's lives for years and lost a few schoolies and missed bowls for two years, who cares? They also are having incredible recruiting classes. Makes no difference.

Might as well cheat and roll the dice. I know probably stupid post but I do feel that had we done it right with our cheating under Criner 25 years ago and gotten away with it and won the big 8 a few years a couple years in a row or so your program is then established.

2. atlantacyclone

atlantacyclone Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Real Estate
    Fontvieille Monaco
  3. cyowan

cyowan Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Male
    Banking
    Ames, IA
    I'd rather lose the right way than cheat to win. But that may be just me.

4. ISC

ISC Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Iowa
    No.... No.... No....

5. LindenCy

LindenCy Keep and Pride - It works
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Writer
    Chicago, IL
    No, and the PSU thing is despicable. I'd rather lose every game by 100 for eternity than have anything like that tied to my school.

6. Farnsworth

Farnsworth Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Des Moines, IA
    Ok if you really feel that this is a good debate, I don't think Penn State comment will help and is in pretty poor taste.

7. Luth4Cy

Luth4Cy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Ames, IA
    Not a fan of that type of thing. I know a lot of you guys don't want to hear it but the whole "Honor Before Victory" thing is important to me.

8. RubyClone

RubyClone Active Member

Mar 21, 2014
    No way. If for no other reason than it could implicate basketball.

9. CoKane

CoKane Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Cedar Rapids
    I'd rather not. It's not things will get much worse for us if caught, but I don't want ISU to be remember for something like that

10. SyracuseCyclone

Oct 10, 2012
    Des Moines
    Um, no.

The changes coming in the NCAA just means schools who can afford it can bump up the food paychecks the kids get and look the other way if boosters slip them cash. If you aren't a school that currently does it like Alabama or Kentucky hoops chances are you do not have the means to behave in such a way. And we'll never see a major scandal again in relation to paying recruits.

Ped St did not gain advantage from Sandusky's behavior as disgusting and reprehensible as it was.

It is in all of the schools interests to not bid each other up if paying recruits became the way guys got recruited. If that was out and out allowed you would have 5* players pocketing 5-20 grand from 10 different schools teasing them saying they'll commit and then going to the place that stumps up 100-200k. They can't and won't allow direct bidding wars on recruits purely because so many would cost so much more than their market value due to the competition. Its an economics thing which relates to supply and demand and open markets. And its much mroe in their interests of Universities to spend the money that entices recruits to commit on themselves in the form of facilities than to give that to guys in straight hard cash who will be gone in 4 years.

11. swarthmoreCY

swarthmoreCY Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Here nor there
    We just got curb stomped by a FCS program for the second year in a row- paying recruits will not help if you don't change the staff.
    Roids? Come on. I'd rather not field a team than pressure kids to take roids, although it is not uncommon.

12. scyclonekid

scyclonekid Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2008
    If we have to stoop to this level then bye bye football.

13. scyclonekid

scyclonekid Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Our head coach sucks don't need cheating and roids.

14. hoopitup

hoopitup Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Teacher
    West Des Moines
    This may qualify as one of the stupidest threads I have seen on CF. Making a comparison to Penn St? Geezus dude...

15. CycloneWarrior

CycloneWarrior Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2008
    student
    Urbandale,Ia
    I would rather have Iowa State lose every game for the rest of time than win the next 5 championships by cheating. Some things are more important than winning something as trivial as a football game.

16. IowaStateClones

IowaStateClones Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Engineer
    OP you need to go to bed, you are more drunk than Eustachy in Missouri.

17. UraMallas

UraMallas Active Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Holy moly. I hope you just got home from the bar.

18. DFWClone

DFWClone Member

Aug 19, 2013
    I see your point OP. The penn state thing is kinda sketchy but I see what you're saying. What do we have to lose? We already suck. Why not risk a few hundred dollar hand shakes here and there? Bring in some good players. If we get caught, oh well. We just go back to being garbage like we have been forever.

19. ISUCubswin

ISUCubswin Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    My Playhouse
    I wouldn't stoop to Penn State levels but if $10000 bucks is what it took to get a top recruit here I'm paying up. You're ******* nuts if you don't think ALL the top schools pay their top recruits.

20. UraMallas

UraMallas Active Member

Jan 9, 2013
    What? No. How can anybody seriously entertain this idea. Until it's legal across the league (which is going to happen) I don't like the idea of skirting the rules for a few Ws.