CFTV: Paul Rhoads' postgame presser (NDSU)

Discussion in 'Football' started by ChrisMWilliams, Aug 30, 2014.

1. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Sports Journalist
    Des Moines
  2. atlantacyclone

atlantacyclone Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Real Estate
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Was he watching the game? If you don't call that "the bottom falling out" I don't know what would qualify....

3. CRcyclone6

CRcyclone6 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Recruiting
    Cedar Rapids
    is there a status on Bundrage. he didn't say

4. Beyerball

Beyerball Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Sales
    Texas
    It's game 1. If he says the bottom is falling out he loses the team for the year. CPR to me looked devastated and angry at the same time. Kind of like all of us.

5. Knownothing

Knownothing Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2006
    The bottom fell out 115 years ago when iowa state football started.

6. swarthmoreCY

swarthmoreCY Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Here nor there
    Just wait until we play the good teams on our schedule.

7. letsCYber

letsCYber Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Plummer
    U.S. of A.
    Sounded like zero accountability to me. Just tacking on another loss, NBD. He's untouchable b/c he won a few big games 3+ years ago. Even though he's done nothing since.

8. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Well, he said that it's a good thing that we need drastic improvement in all areas of the game after the 1st game of the season. So there's that.

Because who would have wanted us to come out like Texas A&M the other night and look really good in all aspects and put a beat down on the opponent, right?

It's a GOOD thing that we have a lot of areas to work on!

9. Beyerball

Beyerball Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Sales
    Texas
    Someone explain to me why Brackens was 2nd team? Ridiculous. I could care less if he is lost at times. He brought more effort and energy and made more plays than all of our other lbs combined. Brackens is, by far, our best athlete at LB and if Ferch is starting next week Wally should be fired.

10. Cyclophile1

Cyclophile1 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Overland Park, KS
    He's doing his best to hold the program together at this point. I think he mostly said the right things. Unfortunately, he's getting close to having no credibility left, and sounding like Bagdad Bob. At some point, even at Iowa State, you MUST win some games and especially the ones like this where you should win.

We all know it's a huge setback, and so does he. He's got to try to sounds enthusiastic. There's 11 more games to play, and he's got to try like heckfire to scrape some wins together.

11. atlantacyclone

atlantacyclone Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Real Estate
    Fontvieille Monaco
    He should have been ******.

12. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah, but he wasn't. I still even saw some smirks from him. I guess I'd be smirking too if I was getting paid 2 million a year to fail. It's like stealing.

13. ISUCY23

ISUCY23 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Ames
    I think he was. Possibly shocked too. I don't know, he just looked very uncomfortable.

14. Cytation

Cytation Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm not sure he'd know a good offensive lineman if it hit him in the head. They look like white power forwards. So disappointed.

15. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Baylor could be worst than last year. I thought our secondary was suppose to be faster.

16. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Yeah, Brackens should start. At least he can tackle.

17. FarminCy

FarminCy Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Panhandler
    Right Over There
    The thought of the ISU team we saw today against Baylor, OU, etc is frightening. Baylor's record breaking margin of victory against ISU may only stand for one year.

18. swarthmoreCY

swarthmoreCY Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Here nor there
    Baylor could have put up 100 today. Our offense and ST did not give up any points today. That probably is not true against a good team.

19. klamath632

klamath632 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    CPR had better figure out a way to get his playmakers the ball or he isn't going to have any playmakers at all. Hell, what am I saying? He's gone after this season no matter what now.

But seriously, where was Aaron Wimberly today? Where was Bibbs? Why aren't the good players being put in a position to succeed?

20. cyatheart

cyatheart Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    This looks a lot like the Donnie Duncan teams. Not sure what everyone else saw, but I saw an ISU team that was out of shape today. Tired and not in good enough shape.

A few people on this site act like losing Tom Farniok is like losing Micheal Jordan...Tom is a hell of a center, but my god people, he isn't the best player in the country.

We knew NDSU was running and exactly what play was coming and still could not stop it. Talent isn't there on defense to fix this, it just isn't there. Need to score 42 points minimum to win the game and we don't have a QB or Oline, or receivers capable of that.