Camp Insider: Is Morrissey a game-changer?

Discussion in 'Football' started by ChrisMWilliams, Aug 16, 2014.

1. DuckDynastyCy

DuckDynastyCy Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Morrissey is physically much bigger this winter. He must have had a helluva Winter/Spring in the weight room because the guy is a Beast this Fall! Hope he has that breakout season you mentioned Chris!

2. swarthmoreCY

swarthmoreCY Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Here nor there
    He better be.

3. Beyerball

Beyerball Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Sales
    Texas
    One single guy we cannot afford to lose

4. BigLame

BigLame Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Western IA
    Wally had pretty good things about Trent Taylor as well. If we can get good DE play from both sides we should be able to make a good number of big plays.

Also think this bodes well because Mitchell Meyers has improved & played well too.

5. Cycsk

Cycsk Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    I like the idea of WRs getting tougher. In the last few years, there have been far too many times when our WRs didn't fight for position and catches. I hope Mangino doesn't let any WR look to the ref for a call rather than going all the way to make the play.

6. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    IMO, the biggest change will be that Mangino will insist that WR's block. The effort in blocking has been pretty pathetic by our WR's. Todd Blythe was one of the worst IMO. The guy could catch the ball but most times gave zero effort in blocking downfield.

7. jahfg

jahfg Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Ames
    He's our best receiver of the past decade, so I'm willing to give him a pass.

8. TheCaptain

TheCaptain Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Self Employed
    Iowa

Its bush league to call a guy years after his career is over. Todd was a good receiver and doesn't deserve that crap.
    Blame it on the coaches or the system ...not his personal effort.

9. swarthmoreCY

swarthmoreCY Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Here nor there
    +1

10. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Non blocking was the problem with our bubble screens. Everyone in the stadium could see it.

11. Stormin

Stormin Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Why is it Bush League. Todd Blythe was a great receiver. He could catch the ball. But if Todd was not the primary receiver then he didn't give total effort. He rarely blocked downfield, if at all. And many times didn't carry out the route if he was not one of the primary receivers. Yes, the coaches let him get away with it.

12. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Randy Moss, even in his prime, was often saddled with the same criticism. I'd take him on my team any day without reservations. What gets forgotten is that even when he appeared to be going half speed, he was still occupying a DB on the opposite side of the field from where the play was going. The defender was out of the play just as much as if he had been taken out by a crushing block.

13. IowaStateClones

IowaStateClones Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Engineer
    No one should let you get away with these garbage posts.