Baylor vs Iowa for all the marbles in NIT Gamethread On ESPN @ 8 PM

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Why would it? One bad game doesn't change a thing. Iowa will still be a darkhorse B1G championship contender, and Iowa State will be lucky to make the NIT.

Can't wait to bring this post up next year.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
For all the Hok fans who say "we return everyone think how good we will be next year"...

I can honestly say I wouldn't pick McCabe first in a pick up game at the Y...

Name one player under Fran that has gotten noticeably better while playing at Iowa during his 3 year stretch.

Marble occasionally? I honestly can't think of a single one that stands out. Player development at Iowa has been very, very poor which is why I fully expect to see them in another NIT slap fight next March.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Boy this is exactly as I expected. Baylor's forwards dominating the gangly white boys for Iowa which is opening up Pierre to do what he wants. It doesn't help that Iowa is shooting awful...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Why would it? One bad game doesn't change a thing. Iowa will still be a darkhorse B1G championship contender, and Iowa State will be lucky to make the NIT.

[video=youtube;FopyRHHlt3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M[/video]

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's an interesting thing. I read the Iowa boards when something goes wrong for them, but I certainly don't post on their board when Iowa State is doing poorly.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Iowa wont win the Big 10, I guarantee it. You will be contending for a first round bye in the Big 10 tourney, thats about it. Also, I guarantee you ISU does no worse then the NIT next season, but they will be lucky to make the NCAA for the 3rd, yes 3rd, season in a row.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
How is stuff like "gangly white boys" and "ginger" not considered racist?

Obviously you are not familiar with the rules of political correctness. You are allowed to make fun of your own ethnicity. Now, if EyeoftheSTORM isn't Caucasian, then it's racist.