Baylor fans congrats and wish you guys luck

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by OldBear83, Mar 25, 2014.

1. OldBear83

OldBear83 New Member

Mar 25, 2014
    A lot of Baylor fans were excited to see Iowa State rally and come back against North Carolina. The same stamina and focus that won the Big XII Tournament showed up again.

A lot of Baylor fans are impressed with the Cyclones and hope you get to Dallas. Also hope we see you there!

Congrats and good luck!

2. TXCyclones

TXCyclones Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    TX
    Great post and I have to admit, grudgingly, that I have become somewhat of a Baylor fan through the past several weeks. I have had a very hard time with Baylor fans living here in Texas. But I've softened up a bit and have enjoyed watching Baylor's fight, and Scott Drew showing such amazing humility. Drew is an amazing ambassador for your school! Good luck on your tourny run!

3. Thomasrickj

Thomasrickj Active Member

Feb 26, 2012
    General Contractor
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks! Other than your coach, I've got nothing against Baylor. Good lucky against Wisconsin!

4. RedlineSi

RedlineSi Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Scott Drew is fantastic. Not sure why you'd say that.

5. capitalcityguy

capitalcityguy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Des Moines
    Thx! Love that Scott Drew came into ISU locker room with the "congrats" after we beat NC.

6. huntt26

huntt26 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Instructional Technology
    po' dUnk
    Iowa State vs. Baylor in the National Championship. Yes, please.

7. StratCY

StratCY Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Circuit Designer, IBM
    Austin, TX
    Agreed, hes becoming a much better in-game coach, can obviously recruit, and seems to be as classy as they come. I love how our fans cheered for the Bears when they were walking back into the hotel after the B12 championship game, and how Drew popped his head into our locker room to congratulate us after beating UNC. Baylor is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite B12 team.

8. usedcarguy

usedcarguy Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Ames
    Good luck as well. Had a great visit with some Baylor fans sitting behind me in San Antonio on Sunday. As two schools who do more with less, we've developed an appreciation for what each has been able to accomplish.

9. capitalcityguy

capitalcityguy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Des Moines
    ....said no TV executive...ever. ;)

10. swiclone83

swiclone83 Member

Mar 20, 2014
    ive never cheered for baylor so hard than I did in that creighton game. Living near omaha, ive found the only thing more annoying than a husker fan is a husker fan with a creighton tshirt on.

11. ThurgoodMarshal

ThurgoodMarshal Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Logistics Coordinator
    Ankeny, IA
    Appreciate it OldBear! Baylor is probably becoming my favorite school in the big 12 (besides ISU, obviously) and I've been rooting for them since the start of the big dance. Even my opinion on Scott Drew has changed quite a bit this past season (although I don't think I'll ever quit making jokes about his time-out usage). Best of luck this post season and maybe we can meet again in Dallas.

12. Cyclonesince78

Cyclonesince78 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    I put $15 on both of those teams to win the national championship. Baylor was 100:1. That would be awesome if they met up in that game.

13. CYKOFAN

CYKOFAN Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Thanks, and the Bears sure represented the Big 12 well with that beatdown on Creighton. It's just us two carrying the conference torch now and let's meet in Dallas. Good luck against those Badgers.

14. ThurgoodMarshal

ThurgoodMarshal Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Logistics Coordinator
    Ankeny, IA
    So much this! It's like a panther-hawk except worse!!I didn't even think that was possible.

15. FredForever

FredForever Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Ames, IA
    Go Bears! Take it to Wisconsin! So proud to have you representing the big twelve!

16. Final42b

Final42b Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Ames
    I'm starting to really like Scott Drew, Baylor is fun to watch when they are clicking.

17. MeanDean

MeanDean Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Male
    Retired Civil Engineer
    Clarence IA-Jensen Beach FL
    How could anyone cheer FOR Wisky BB? Go Baylor!

18. NickTheGreat

NickTheGreat Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Enginerd
    Johnston
    I can cheer Baylor but won't cheer Scott Drew. Or Brady Heslip. Can't stand that creepy little dude :realmad:

19. Gorm

Gorm Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Amana, IA
    Its Big 12 vs Big 10...that should be a no brainer on who to root for.

20. Cyientist

Cyientist Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Ankeny
    Scott Drew has definitely grown on me in the 2nd half of this season. I think Baylor is one of the scarier teams left in the tournament with that zone. Much easier to cheer for Baylor in the dance than it was to try and fake it (for the BIg12's sake) and cheer for Bill Self and KU.