Anyone notice the twitter war between Gary Rima and Giggles? (Matt Perrault)

Discussion in 'General College Sports' started by mj4cy, Mar 24, 2014.

1. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    Apparently, Matt flew off the handle when his Bluejays got destroyed. Called Rim an A-hole when Rim defended Wichita State deserving a #1 seed.

Haven't read all the tweets as some have been deleted, still...drama at its best. Good to see MP is still ticking people off left and right.

2. Cyclonetrombone

Cyclonetrombone Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    American Red Cross
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Gary Rima is a hack. The worst part about living in the Cedar Falls area was that he was one of two 5:00-6:00pm options for sports talk on the drive home. His intro has a bunch of slack jawed yokels and comparing the Frazier fight to KU vs UNI is a crazy over statement. I am kindof sad that I am not able to listen to him during a time of UNI being below average at everything.

3. rhillary

rhillary Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Quality Engineer
    Plainfield, IL
    I still remember MP giggling at Iowa State hiring Hoiberg. Hm, who is laughing now?

4. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    Perrault is a jackwagon.

5. mj4cy

Staff Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    I don't know much about Rima other than he seems to think UNI is a D1 program in all sports.....

6. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Yes. I forgot he was a fan of Creighton, and with him in mind, that makes yesterday particularly funny for me.

7. Cyclonetrombone

Cyclonetrombone Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    American Red Cross
    Madison, Wisconsin
    fixed. It is his job to be a homer, but he takes it to a whole new level.

8. mj4cy

Staff Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    Read his tweets from yesterday....ahhh love it.

Andy Garmen and Tim Fisher were both going at him as well. Lovely.

9. Illiniclone

Illiniclone Member

Jan 20, 2009
    I've gotten to know Gary a little over the last few years. I'm still not the biggest fan of his play-by-play but he's a nice guy. So I won't deny that he's a hack. And he still has the same intro to his show.

10. PabloDiablo

PabloDiablo Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Physical Therapist
    Omaha, NE
    So, who are these guys now?

11. rhillary

rhillary Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Quality Engineer
    Plainfield, IL
    Since this is tying into Creighton, I thought I would bring this up: why do Creighton fans still believe in Greg McDermott? I will admit that they have been decent, but imagine this: if I told you that next year Hoiberg would sign the BEST PLAYER in School history and that he would stick around for 4 years, we'd all be assuming numerous elite 8's in the next four years. This happens to fall into Greg's lap (I say this because it was his SON! He ain't recruiting another guy like that ever) and he has 0 sweet sixteen's and an average 3rd round margin of defeat of 20 points! Pretty bad performance considering having the best player in school history, and having him for 4 years. Just a thought that I haven't seen brought up much...

12. MNCyGuy

MNCyGuy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Des Moines
    You know you suck when Tim Fisher feels like he can call you out.

13. CyTwins

CyTwins Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Ankeny
    Someone needs to post audio of MP and John Walters when Fred got hired

14. CarlHungus

CarlHungus Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Ankeny
    If you read some of his tweets, it's pretty entertaining to see him talk about how horrible the Valley was (which is true). A few hours later, Baylor violated Creighton on the court

15. azepp

azepp Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Ankeny
    In all fairness, Gary was acting like a pretty big d-bag tweeting at him and taunting him while Creighton was getting their *** handed to them.

16. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Sterling Heights, MI
    They haven't yet had to bear the full weight of his, well, incompetence? Let's see how the next few years go without his All-American son playing for him.

17. Rabbuk

Rabbuk Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Idk who these people are.

18. Luth4Cy

Luth4Cy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Ames, IA
    You do realize Creighton was in the Missouri Valley, right? And for the most part their recruiting will stay at a Missouri Valley Conference level rather than an old Big East level, and because of that it's not as much of an anticipation that they will go deep in the tournament.

Also, how do you know Greg isn't recruiting another guy like Doug? I'm sure Greg has recruited several three star players with zero offers from major conferences.

19. CarlHungus

CarlHungus Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Ankeny
  20. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Male
    Ankeny
    No way in hell would Dougy McBuckets be a top 5 all time scorer if he played 4 years in the Big12. Would he have been good, possibly. But if he was being coached by GMac at ISU they still wouldn't have won a damn thing.

Creighton will be, at best, an also ran in the Big East in the future. Even with the league being weaker now. They might still get to the tourney but never as high as a 3 seed again.