Travis and Trent Paulson

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Great honor for both of them and well deserved. They were always entertaining to watch.

I'll always consider them great Cyclones.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I qualified for state my jr year and i remember sitting in the basement of Vets waiting for the finals to start. It was the year Council Bluffs Lewis Central had six kids in the finals with the Paulsons being two of them. They all came down to warm up and started what looked like some sort of gymnastics routine. (cartwheels, flips, summer salts, etc) They went 6 for 6 that night in the finals. It was pretty kick @$$. Been fans of theirs ever since...even if they caused me great frustration during their wrestling careers!

Last edited:

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I qualified for state my jr year and i remember sitting in the basement of Vets waiting for the finals to start. It was the year Council Bluffs Lewis Central had six kids in the finals with the Paulsons being two of them. They all came down to warm up and started what looked like some sort of gymnastics routine. (cartwheels, flips, summer salts, etc) They went 6 for 6 that night in the finals. It was pretty kick @$$. Been fans of theirs ever since...even if they caused me great frustration during their wrestling careers!

FIFY.

I agree, watching that team dominate those finals was unreal.

Reactions: Clone83

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
I am just going to put this out there. Brett108 is probably a pretty good poster in general, but to post that in this thread IMO is a classless troll.

I don’t like to assume, which is why I asked, but seeing how he scurried off after I asked my question …

In the immortal words of Coach Long, who started at Lewis Central but played later for the famous undefeated Shenandoah HS football team:

“Everyone likes a little ***; nobody likes a smart ***.”

Having to respond to classless trolls makes not posting on this board at all quite easy. Of course there is little to no reason to believe brett108’s Iowa HS Hall of Fame wrestling career is at all superior to Travis and Trent’s.

I’d prefer that brett108 or others start their own thread titled “Travis and Trent Paulson sucks” rather than making that what this is what this one is about.

My apologies if it was something more benign, such as wasting precious seconds of people's lives by clicking here, because I wasn’t more specific in the title.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Judoka

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
I am just going to put this out there. Brett108 is probably a pretty good poster in general, but to post that in this thread IMO is a classless troll.

I don’t like to assume, which is why I asked, but seeing how he scurried off after I asked my question …

In the immortal words of Coach Long, who started at Lewis Central but played later for the famous undefeated Shenandoah HS football team:

Having to respond to classless trolls makes not posting on this board at all quite easy. Of course there is little to no reason to believe brett108’s Iowa HS Hall of Fame wrestling career is at all superior to Travis and Trent’s.

I’d prefer that brett108 or others start their own thread titled “Travis and Trent Paulson sucks” rather than making that what this is what this one is about.

My apologies if it was something more benign, such as wasting precious seconds of people's lives by clicking here, because I wasn’t more specific in the title.

I think he was just trying to be funny/sarcastic, not trolling.

There was a time when people would start a thread and the title would just be the athlete or coach's name. Then it would end up being a post delivering bad news - injury, leaving, etc. Got to a point where lots of people complained about using a person's name solely as a thread title because they then expected bad news. Now it seems to just be a running joke.

Or maybe brett108 hates you. I can't be for certain.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Perhaps I was impatient.

I mostly wanted to get "Coach" Long's words of wisdom out there. :):p:D

(Like Johnny he calls everyone coach.)

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
It could be read in two different ways though which is why I responded.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Holy overreaction... $5 says brett was making a joke about "name-only thread titles".

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Its called work. And I didn't scurry off. Threads with just a name usually fortell something ill. What kept you from putting "Trent and Travis Paulson into IHSAA HOF" in the title? Take it easy, its good news. The Paulson's were great HS wrestlers and earned it. The Wrestling threads are so much more active its crazy. I guess I need to get used to the new normal.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

Yeah you definitely read way too much into his post. A lot of people on CF hate name only thread titles because most of the time, they contain bad news like arrests and injuries. Doesn't really happen on the wrestling board but frequently with football and basketball.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Yeah you definitely read way too much into his post. A lot of people on CF hate name only thread titles because most of the time, they contain bad news like arrests and injuries. Doesn't really happen on the wrestling board but frequently with football and basketball.

Agreed but if 83 doesn't post here that much he's not going to know that and then brett108 gets pulled away and can't follow up so he's not sure why somebody is telling him his thread title sucks, especially when it's good news. It's just circumstances and I think it's all good but I can see where he's coming from. Thanks for posting the link 83.

• Agree
Reactions: Clone83 and buf87

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

Hating on titles that are just people's names is a longstanding forum tradition because it implies bad news and forces you to click to find out.

• Agree
Reactions: LindenCy

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
I wouldn't have said it sucks. I think the person who liked it though, which was also early, is on record that the Paulson's should go.

My apologies if this is not the case (or if the reason for doing so is what others said).

Last edited: