*** Official #25 IOWA STATE VS Iowa Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
site.png
vs
uiowa.png

NO. 25 IOWA STATE (6-2, 0-0)
IOWA (4-5, 0-0 BIG TEN)
THURSDSAY, DEC. 8 | 7 PM CST
IOWA CITY, IOWA | CARVER-HAWKEYE ARENA (15,400)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: ESPN2
Talent: Jason Benetti (pxp); Jim Calhoun (analyst)

**** IOWA!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Vegas has this as a two-possession game ... Logic may say that's too narrow; it's probably close to accurate.

But an Iowa State blowout win would be much more fun.

Normally, I would say bet the house since that's easy money. But then i remember back to a certain Drake game where that same sentiment was rampant on CF. I think we all know how that turned out.

Personally, I think anything less than a double digit win will leave me worried about how the conference season will go. There are few, if any, teams in the Big12 worse than Iowa this year.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Vegas has this as a two-possession game ... Logic may say that's too narrow; it's probably close to accurate.

But an Iowa State blowout win would be much more fun.

We opened as a 7.5 favorite in a true road game... That pretty good. It's been bet down to 5.5, as it probably should.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Normally, I would say bet the house since that's easy money. But then i remember back to a certain Drake game where that same sentiment was rampant on CF. I think we all know how that turned out.

Personally, I think anything less than a double digit win will leave me worried about how the conference season will go. There are few, if any, teams in the Big12 worse than Iowa this year.

I disagree. A win is a win is a win. I certainly don't want it to come down to that close at the end, but it's an in-state rivalry game and that happens all the time. I don't think it will though.

We have our really good defense vs their really good offense, and our really good offense and against their really bad defense. I don't think they can stay in front of any of our guards, and they haven't shown efficient help defense yet. I think we'll hold them down a bit from their average scoring, and I think we'll put up above average points. Best guess- 93-76 Cyclones.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I disagree. A win is a win is a win. I certainly don't want it to come down to that close at the end, but it's an in-state rivalry game and that happens all the time. I don't think it will though.

We have our really good defense vs their really good offense, and our really good offense and against their really bad defense. I don't think they can stay in front of any of our guards, and they haven't shown efficient help defense yet. I think we'll hold them down a bit from their average scoring, and I think we'll put up above average points. Best guess- 93-76 Cyclones.
I agree, a win is a win. Be happy. Because if Fort Wayne can beat Indiana, and Florida Atlantic beat Ohio State..........then Iowa can beat us.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
So I guess they're having a blackout tonight in that hole in the ground?