Carson Lensing - Shrine Bowl

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I hear he was the defensive MVP. DId anybody see the game? How did he look? What position did he play? I think there were two other future Clones playing....both walk on I think. How did they look?

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I will answer my own question. I watched part of the replay of the game last night. He played DE. He is 6'4" and listed at 225. Had a nice INT on a screen pass. As with many freshman, appears to need a lot of weight room work. I think he was a pretty good all round athlete in HS. I would look for him to either end up at DE or TE. I would not expect him to contribute for a couple years. Did not see anything from the two walk-ons. We did a poor job recruiting the state last year, but I think signs point to CMC making Iowa a bigger priority, with 5 in star commits for next year already.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
He looks likea great athlete. Oops like he'll have no prob putting on weight

kcyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I've always heard that he is a candidate to play the LEO spot. It sounds like he'd be a good fit for him given your description.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
The shrine bowl site has him at 6'4" 234. Pretty good size already for a true freshman. An extra 15-20 lbs should be easy if not more. With his height he could end up being 265 Pretty easy I would think

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I think either the coaches said on signing day or he said it in a story I read when he committed that the staff was looking at him as a linebacker. Be pretty sweet to have a 6-4, 250 pound LB as long as he can move.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I think either the coaches said on signing day or he said it in a story I read when he committed that the staff was looking at him as a linebacker. Be pretty sweet to have a 6-4, 250 pound LB as long as he can move.
I believe that is correct, he was listed as a lb. imo - he will not be a linebacker ..... Too slow. As I said, I think de or tight end.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I believe that is correct, he was listed as a lb. imo - he will not be a linebacker ..... Too slow. As I said, I think de or tight end.

I don't know, looking at his track times he seems to be pretty fast for someone his size, that being said I could see him doing some real damage 2 or 3 years down the road no matter what position he ends up at.

Reactions: Isuhsfbcoach

Isuhsfbcoach

Jan 26, 2009
Alden, Iowa
I think you are spot on with your assessment. If he can play special teams as a redshirt soph. and contribute in the 2 deep for 2 seasons, I think those are reasonable expectations for 2-3 star Iowa kids with his size. Obviously his ceiling is unknown but he has size that is game changing down the road. I'm excited to see if he can play at 260-270 and keep his quickness.

I don't know, looking at his track times he seems to be pretty fast for someone his size, that being said I could see him doing some real damage 2 or 3 years down the road no matter what position he ends up at.