Search results

1. J

Wendy's planning surge pricing on burgers

I'm guessing this is to encourage people to use the app. The price won't go up once your order is placed (I'm assuming).
  2. J

We Will Pizza!

You can order Casey's with the gravy instead of cheese. I've occasionally seen the gravy sauce sold by the slice, but it's rare.
  3. J

Anyone want to be Iowa's Offensive Coordinator?

There's an extra week between labor day and Thanksgiving next year. Everyone should have that.
  4. J

Credit Cards

The Citi Custom Cash is the highest cash back % I've seen. It's 5% for the category you spend the most, so you could get 5% back on gas if you use it only (or even mostly) for gas...
  5. J

Future Big 12 FB Opponents/Schedule Announced

Pehaps, but please note the Big Ten hasn't announced the dates yets. Just home and away opponents.
  6. J

FYI - We're now on FS1 for the TCU Game! (Moved to FS1)

I’m assuming you will need to login with your cable/satellite credentials and would only get it if your subscription includes FS2.
  7. J

No relay on a Field Goal

Well, he'd be blocked by the crossbar if he were direcly underneath. I don't know the regulations, but a yard or less behind seems reasonable.
  8. J

What’s going at Casey’s?

They tried to buy Casey's a while back. I'm not the biggest Casey's fan, but I think we dodged a bullet there.
  9. J

What’s going at Casey’s?

That was a while ago and before they sold the stores to HyVee. I don't remember the exact timeline, but I think they stopped investing in Des Moines around the same time Kwik Star showed up. They've completly ingored any new development while Casey's, Kwik Star, HyVee and Kum & Go built like...
  10. J

What’s going at Casey’s?

I just have them scan the QR code on my phone. It's much quicker if you have the app handy. Typing in your phone number should be simple enough, but it's a pain in the a at Casey's.
  11. J

2023 CyHawk

Fanduel's line is out
  12. J

Granger Motors

I get that, but the price i paid for the new car was similar to what Granger was asking. No biggie. I’m sure they had a good business reason from their perspective. It just always seemed odd from mine.
  13. J

Granger Motors

I tried to buy a car there about 10 years ago, but they didn’t want my trade for some reason. It was worth about 10. They offered 6,500. I knew I had to go high if I wanted around 10 so I countered with 13. They just said “well, we’re too far apart. Have a nice day.” It was weird. It got I think...
  14. J

ISU Gambling Megathread

It prevents them from using Draft Kings, Circa, etc. They could be using offshore sites or bookies, but nobody is really looking for that.
  15. J

Nolan's Oppenheimer

It's distributed by Universal Pictures so it will be on Peacock, at least at first.
  16. J

Electric Lawnmowers - Pros and Cons

Cub Cadet and Ryobi offer those. https://www.cubcadet.com/en_US/riding-lawn-mowers/electric-riding-mowers https://www.ryobitools.com/products/outdoor/mowers/riding-mowers
  17. J

West O, Blum, and banning exile brewery from your thoughts

Back pocket has made this beer in the past. I think this is just adding an official ISU logo and I assume some cash to the athletic department.
  18. J

Using the I-State moniker for a new battery technology

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know exactly what this means, but it looks like this company has a trademark for this. https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4808:ljq2yi.3.4
  19. J

MLB: 2024 Field of Dreams Game To Be Played... In Birmingham?

If "Field of Dreams" is protected by trademark or copyright (I'm not sure which would apply), I doubt it's owned by anyone in Dyersville. It's either free to use or it's owned by someone related to the movie and they probably wouldn't care if it's in Dyersville or Birmingham.
  20. J

Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

He has spoke about it. He was vague about specifics of course, but his comments line up with most of the rumors on here. https://www.kcrg.com/video/2023/05/28/jamie-pollard-sports-wagering-allegations-they-knew-they-couldnt-do-it/