Search results

1. cyfanatic13

***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

Not that the standings matter yet but Cubs win and Reds, Pirates, and Brewers all lost too. Cards beat the A’s but I really don’t think they’ll be much of a factor in the race anyway
  2. cyfanatic13

Simply has to be a better option than Miles ******* Mastrobuoni
  3. cyfanatic13

So uhh… Michael Busch
  4. cyfanatic13

Hot Ones: Conan O'Brien

Conan is by far my favorite talk show host of all time. I still go back and watch some of his remotes every now and then. He rarely misses. For what ever reason once every couple months I watch this one in particular. Makes me laugh every time
  5. cyfanatic13

Worst city in Iowa?

Albion is a dump
  6. cyfanatic13

Worst city in Iowa?

Cedar Falls is what I would consider a nice city. Especially with the new school. Also a lot of solid small towns with good school districts in the area. Parkersburg, Grundy Center, Denver, Dike-New Hartford to name a few all are nice towns for being small. Other towns/cities that I spend some...
  7. cyfanatic13

Won $700 on Gomes hitting the first HR of the game totally by accident lol. Thought I was doing the Dinger Tuesday promo on FanDuel where you bet on a player to hit a HR and then get $5 back in free bets for every HR hit in the game by both teams. Thought Gomes at 28/1 was crazy value so I put...
  8. cyfanatic13

Well the bullpen needs to get bolstered if the front office is going to be serious about winning anything this year. Disaster
  9. cyfanatic13

Would be nice if Assad could get through at least 5 tonight. 6 isn't looking likely. Bullpen has gotten used a ton already
  10. cyfanatic13

Good start to the series. Looks like we may chase Darvish after 2? This lineup is fun to watch put plate appearances together. Just wears a pitcher down
  11. cyfanatic13

John Calipari to Arkansas

No one's saying he did anything besides one poster calling him a slime ball. You defended him. Your username is Drew. Your name being Drew defending Scott Drew is the joke. Everyone got it but you.
  12. cyfanatic13

Well, it's finally over

I understand others might not feel the same way, but I find this line of thinking pretty sexist. I've had a few Hawkeye fans talk about how much Clark has grown the game and then also say that I should root for Iowa WBB cause it's "good for the state" and it's "just women's basketball". You...
  13. cyfanatic13

I love when the Cubs are on the West coast during the season as it's a nice little change of pace from the rest of the year and I usually stay up late anyway. Ten games in is a little early for my liking but I'll suck it up and watch the next two nights anyway
  14. cyfanatic13

They changed the rules a few years ago that all games not considered "official" will resume at a later date if needed. I'm going to assume they wait this out for awhile to get it in. Otherwise they'll probably finish the game when Cubs visit the Dodgers in September. Or I guess they could try to...
  15. cyfanatic13

Yamamoto is going to be a stud
  16. cyfanatic13

Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

I have no idea if Iowa is going after Wolf, but Feuerbach's boyfriend is Poulakidas from Yale. He went off against Auburn in their first round upset, but I don't think he's in the portal
  17. cyfanatic13

Dumbest thing you dealt with today?

Nothing dumb happened to me today, but I like the premise and hope this can be a regular occurrence. I miss the old Friday Confessions days
  18. cyfanatic13

My bet on Cubs -1.5 that I was feeling really good about now feels disgusting
  19. cyfanatic13

New Uniforms Revealed

White numbers are SO much better than gold
  20. cyfanatic13

Does ISU have any famous fans?

I once got a thousand likes on Twitter trolling Jordan Bohannon one time like three years ago so you could say I'm kind of a big deal