Search results

1. ahaselhu

Week 1 College Football Survivor Game

Week 1: Penn State
  2. ahaselhu

What game do you want most this year and why?

I agree. From what I've seen, I'm thinking their defense will probably be one of the best in the conference. I expect Snyder will find a way to make their offense respectable.
  3. ahaselhu

***Official Iowa State vs Oklahoma Gameday Thread***

Looking a lot like the TCU give up game last year.
  4. ahaselhu

Dear America - Iowa Doesn't Care What You Think

Let's use some numbers rather than very subjective opinions: S&P F+ Baylor 5 7 TCU 7 10 Oklahoma 8 8 West Virginia 13 32 Oklahoma State 35 22 Texas Tech 55 54 Iowa State 63 63 Indiana 68 72 KSU 74 75 Texas 84 78 Kansas 126 126 Depending on where the game was...
  5. ahaselhu

OU favored by 24.5 over the Cyclones

Possibly, with their next 3 games being @Baylor, TCU, and @OSU. I think we have a better chance against Okie State next week in a sandwich game between home stints with TCU and Baylor. I think that has the makings of a classic trap game, if we're good enough to take advantage of it.
  6. ahaselhu

SEC Myth - Iowa Nice Guy

The problem with your example is that there is no proof that they were "far and away" the best two teams in college football, other than the same standard applied to Michigan and Ohio State in my example: their only loss before the bowl game was to each other. In my case, the teams actually...
  7. ahaselhu

SEC Myth - Iowa Nice Guy

As exhibit one, I give you 2006 Ohio State and Michigan. Many around the country wanted the national championship to be between these two teams, and they both went on to get destroyed in their bowl games. It's just too hard to compare the top teams in different conferences with the limited...
  8. ahaselhu

SEC Myth - Iowa Nice Guy

I would argue that with the small number of non-conference games, and particularly the small number of games between power 5 conference teams, its impossible to adequately compare one conference to another. For that reason, if you truly want to determine the national champion on the field, you...
  9. ahaselhu

Dont fire CPR

I think CPR struggles can be readily explained. The staff sold out on the 2012 season as their breakout year, which I could argue failed due to massive injuries to the offense. The following seasons suffered from that sell out, some inability to retain key recruits (particularly at LB), and...
  10. ahaselhu

enCYCLONEedia: Analyzing the Mangino tenure. Why not Wally?

Then our expectations are too low on the defensive side. We've had one good year defensively under CPR.
  11. ahaselhu

STAFF PICKS: Week 9

Yeah, the quote could be simplified to this:
  12. ahaselhu

ISU Offense

At this point of the season, holding the opponent around 5 points per game below their season average is not much to brag about, considering the schedules our opponents have played so far. For the most part, these offenses have not played many good defenses, so we should hold them below their...
  13. ahaselhu

ISU Offense

It is very nearly the case that Iowa State is the best offense Iowa has faced this year. Here are the scoring offense ranks for Iowa's opponents: Iowa State: #83 Pittsburgh: #82 North Texas: #124 Wisconsin: #86 Illinois: #84 Northwestern: #108 It doesn't get much more difficult: Maryland: #90...
  14. ahaselhu

Why does Jamie Pollard block fans on Twitter?

Just my 2 cents. A power trip would involve forcing something on someone else. He's just refusing to listen to people that he views as excessively and needlessly negative. Given the format of twitter, it's not a good medium for having a dialogue. It's more effective simply as a source of...
  15. ahaselhu

ISU Offense

Yep. The main problem we've had on offense has been 3rd down conversions and red zone conversions. Unfortunately, yardage is meaningless without the points. However, in the last 3 games we've got a TD on 8 of 10 possessions that reached the red zone, which is a good conversion rate. 3rd down...
  16. ahaselhu

ISU Offense

I'm not following you. What do you mean?
  17. ahaselhu

ISU Offense

BTW, the average per rush is 4.96 since we named Warren the #1 RB.
  18. ahaselhu

ISU Offense

While we've played a tougher schedule thus far, Iowa has played better defenses. The gap isn't huge, but it's significant.
  19. ahaselhu

Mangino OUT as OC. Sturdy is the guy!

Re: I have no idea what was going on behind the scenes but The offense I can excuse Rhoads for, being a defensive coach. But we've only had 1 good defense in his time here. I think that is reason enough to look elsewhere. I wouldn't argue with keeping him next year if we manage to close out...
  20. ahaselhu

Mangino OUT as OC. Sturdy is the guy!

It's possible that the main problem we've had is an inability to recruit the type of players we need for the offense we've been trying to run, more than Rhoads meddling with the offense. I realize that doesn't exonerate Rhoads, but just a possible reason past "good" coordinators have not been...