Search results

1. S

Bobby Leath

Somebody on ones of these message boards indicated this morning that there were five players that were not included on the 105 man roster. Said or suggested that one of them was Bobby Leath. Is this true? I thought that he might be an important contributor this year. If so, why?
  2. S

RECRUITING: Football commits

Re: Scratch the aesthetics/go with the player ratings I really like to have one place where I can go to catch up on recruiting. Nice work. But, c'mon, stars mean only one thing when it comes to talking recruiting. Please throw out the concern with aesthetics and place the actual football...
  3. S

BB Roster-WTH

Would somebody please remind me why we have 9 ELIGIBLE scholarship bb players? I think Ashton has since received a scholarship, not sure. And then there's Nezlak, at the end of the bench. We're going against teams with full rosters and we have 9 recruits. TIA.
  4. S

2019 Recruit - Darren Davis, Jr.

I just watched the video of DD Jr. Kid is a shifty lightning bolt. VERY talented. Unbelievably talented. That said, I couldn't help but think...what the hell are 6th graders doing playing tackle football? With the research coming in about CTE it is indefensible that little kids are doing so.
  5. S

Fawcasts: To Listen or Not to Listen

Makes sense. Thanks for being professional enough to take my comments and file them in the "feedback" folder! Take Care.
  6. S

Fawcasts: To Listen or Not to Listen

Chris: With all due respect and you have my respect and appreciation for how informative and enjoyable this message board is, but geez. Regardless of how unpopular and politically incorrect it is to say this on this webpage I have to say that your Fawcast today was painful. There wasn't...
  7. S

Question regarding Fort Dodge RB Sam Cooke

Does anyone know whether he signed an LOI with anyone?
  8. S

Need list of recruited walkons/walkons (nm)

:unsure:
  9. S

***Official 2016 National Cyning Day Thread***

Uh, Iowa State has had football prior to 2006. Drink the Kool Aid if you like, I'm enjoying a refreshing glass at this moment, but McCarney had classes in the 30's. If not, then my memory is completely shot.
  10. S

Former Oregon State qb now a Cyclone

6'5" qb by way of Oregon State is now a Cyclone. He had good offers as well as a lot of interest from the blue bloods. Kyle Kempt is his name, source cited is: http://www.scout.com/college/iowa-state/story/1633734-iowa-state-adds-two-college-transfers
  11. S

Nader/To Shoot or Not to Shoot

:yes: Have been waiting for somebody to comment on that.
  12. S

Nader/To Shoot or Not to Shoot

I have a lot of respect for Abdel Nader. Plays hard and tough. Fine athlete that can drive the middle and lay it in from point blank range above the rim. Appears to really hawk people on defense. Has really worked hard to get his body in order to be at his best for this, his senior season...
  13. S

Monte's draft prospects

Things are not all shiny and bright for Monte as he looks ahead towards his draft prospects. They may be encouraging for ISU fans though. In a preseason rating of the top prospects, Monte was the 9th rated PG, the 33rd best prospect overall. FWIW, Jarrod Uthoff was #40, Marcus Paige #45...
  14. S

Zeb Noland signs with ISU

No kidding? What exactly did your wife's second cousin's step-brother's best friend's mistress tell you exactly? I'm waiting with baited breath. :SLEEP:
  15. S

OT: CycloneTV question...WTH

After working reasonably decently the past few years, I am no longer able to watch live events or, for example, Classic games. I get the error message, "Playback of this media is not supported." Have sent message asking for technical assistance, morning. I have not heard a word from them. Is...
  16. S

Thank You Coach Paul Rhoads

Very well put and timely. I might add that he also led us to 3 bowl wins, the biggest win in Iowa State history and consequent my greatest one-game thrill in ISU history. His enthusiasm was contagious and consequently we now have the most season ticket holders ever, the highest attendance count...
  17. S

Next coach options?

You have to be joking. If not, makes my list as one of the dumbest posts ever. I'd take Skeletor over this nobody.
  18. S

Next coach options?

If they hired that %hole I'd relinquish my tix.
  19. S

This is a must see: hilarious re Shorthorns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASOcGpNGGpI The Longhorn Network is a lot of fun too. What a sad bewildered group they are. SpunOut
  20. S

Stats: Iowa v ISU

I think Iowa is pretty damn good. That said, I have a few stats here which I think are quite interesting, if not consistent with my personal appraisal of the Hawks. The teams Iowa State has lost to are 33-3. The teams Iowa has defeated are 36-29. The remaining teams on their schedule are...