Search results

1. ISU_phoria

*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

CBS' latest... https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/bracketology-iowa-state-jumps-north-carolina-for-fourth-no-1-uconn-takes-overall-top-seed-from-purdue/
  2. ISU_phoria

*** Official #14 Baylor vs #7 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

I believe Baylor is the only Big XII opponent we haven't won against this year. Would be cool to say we beat every Big XII team this season!
  3. ISU_phoria

Postgame video: Porter Moser after loss to Iowa State

Great quote: "Big Rob's out there heating up ball screens." Can't believe how much BRE has grown in his time at ISU. He is so pivotal to their success!
  4. ISU_phoria

Smoking Pheasant and Recipes

I dry-brined the pheasants overnight and smoked them with blackened seasoning. Followed this recipe, using the pheasant. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/creamy-white-chili/
  5. ISU_phoria

Smoking Pheasant and Recipes

Just made this today...smoked pheasant white chili. So good!
  6. ISU_phoria

FS: SOLD

May want to specify which game.
  7. ISU_phoria

Game Thoughts TCU

I think the O-line improvement should be 1st in the list. They've made the biggest improvement, in my opinion.
  8. ISU_phoria

Woodworkers Thread

+1 for track saw. They are a game changer for working with sheet goods. My new favorite tool. So much easier and accurate than trying to push a 4x8 sheet over my table saw!
  9. ISU_phoria

Is it time to move on from Manning??

Agree...after last week, I was pleasantly surprised by our OL play today. Our run game was productive today for the most part. I think improving the blitz pickup is their biggest need.
  10. ISU_phoria

Updated: Milan Momcilovic commits to ISU

Is there a stream of the commitment?
  11. ISU_phoria

KENE!!!!!!!

I believe it's "Wango Tango!"
  12. ISU_phoria

Woodworkers Thread

I found a video online of how to make homemade "board butter". Melt 5 parts mineral oil and 1 part bees wax (all food grade). Let it cool and solidify. Rub on liberally, let it set overnight & buff off.
  13. ISU_phoria

Woodworkers Thread

A lot of glue! Ran everything through my jointer & planer for the first glue-up to get the tightest joints possible. Took a bunch of time with featherboards (table saw) for the angled cuts to get as tight of joints as possible again. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how the joints turned out...
  14. ISU_phoria

Woodworkers Thread

One more...made a new cutting board for my wife for one of her Christmas gifts. Simple, but I think it turned out OK. You never know for sure until you put the finish on!
  15. ISU_phoria

Woodworkers Thread

Decided to replace my old work bench. Big drawers>>> shelves.
  16. ISU_phoria

ISU gets a Minnesota DL transfer

Agree...that would be enough for me to stop being a Cyclone Football fan, I think. Living in the Twin Cities and having to watch/ listen to Fleck...it would kill me to see him run our program. He's an arrogant, pretentious d-bag who is more about himself than his players. (His approach...
  17. ISU_phoria

Xavier game chances (and how season plays out)

This game should be a great measuring stick for where the team is really at. The competition so far hasn't given us too much clarity. Really excited to see how this group competes against Xavier.
  18. ISU_phoria

Is this the worst week of the entire year?

There's a Charles Dickens novel ("A Tale of two Cities," if memory serves) that starts..."It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." That sums it up for me. Love a great rivalry - it's one of the things that makes college football so incredible. But, the ugly side of the fans...
  19. ISU_phoria

Deylin Hasert commits

Offer list is great! As a Western Minnesota native, I fully endorse the Western Minnesota to Central Iowa move!! Congrats & Welcome aboard Deylin!!