Search results

1. WooBadger18

Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

Part of it might be advertising on media that you’re not watching/consuming.
  2. WooBadger18

Jamie Pollard on KXNO today

It’s not that outlandish. I know there was an issue involving Trump blocking people on Twitter while president and lower courts said he couldn’t. I don’t know that it applies to the athletic director, but it isn’t an out-there suggestion
  3. WooBadger18

Annoying Pop Ups

Glad to know I’m not the only one getting the website crashing issue
  4. WooBadger18

Annoying Pop Ups

One problem I have is sometimes there isn’t an x or if so, it then just changes to google asking me why I didn’t like the ad, so the same thing is covered up. I will say the bigger issue for me is that the ads load at different times, so I will go to click a thread and the ad will come in so...
  5. WooBadger18

Court Storming

I think it's more of a culture thing than the risk of fines/spending the night in jail. I think a lot of people don't rush the field/court at pro events because it's just not what you do. Even those who don't do it due to the risk of fines/jail time are only that way because they know no one is...
  6. WooBadger18

Court Storming

And is the injury the result of an Iowa State player trying to shove someone? Because that will also make a difference in how I feel. But even if I was upset at the other fans, it would be because I’m biased. That doesn’t mean it would be the correct decision.
  7. WooBadger18

Otz named to Naismith Late Season Coach of the Year watch list

If not him I'm hoping for Lamont Paris from South Carolina (picked 14/14 preseason) or Kyle Smith from Washington State (picked 11/12 preseason)
  8. WooBadger18

Friday OT - These Foolish Games

Wordle and a Washington post news quiz. As for video games I’m currently on a kick of an Indy game called dredge
  9. WooBadger18

Does anyone else have issues with the top bar (with the CF logo, your avatar, the notification symbol, etc. “detaching” as you scroll do it’s in the middle of the screen? Edit: was able to get a screen shot not from the cave so used that.
  10. WooBadger18

NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

There’s a lot you can blame on our species, but I don’t think it’s fair to blame our species as a whole for this. Just about 332 million of us
  11. WooBadger18

Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

I think it could be. Playing music from the 70’s on an oldies station in 2000 wouldn’t have seemed that outrageous to me
  12. WooBadger18

Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

I didn’t watch the game, but on Reddit (so take it with a grain of salt) it sounded like it was an instrument, they were making the sound effect because Clark had just missed the free throw, and she shot the next free throw really quick so the sound effect wasn’t over yet. I feel like that’s...
  13. WooBadger18

Super Bowl Commercials

Something like Poppi I think?
  14. WooBadger18

Super Bowl Commercials

In addition to the dove and Kawasaki ads, I also liked the Dunkin, cerave, mayo, State Farm, vw, and homes.com ads (and I think I missed one or two others). I do wonder if we going to see a shift away from funny ads to more “normal” ads (like how there was the shift away from “sexy” ads)...
  15. WooBadger18

Friday OT - You’re The Best Around (Iowa)

I always use /s at the end. E.g. I love Iowa fans yelling “Go Hawks!” at me when I’m out and about /s
  16. WooBadger18

Friday OT - You’re The Best Around (Iowa)

Bret Meyer, he was the quarterback when I really fell in love with Iowa State football
  17. WooBadger18

Here comes the doomsday thread, sorry

Regarding that, I don't think they will kick the teams out or dissolve the leagues, the largest teams will just leave to form new conferences
  18. WooBadger18

No, you haven't. But I guess my point is you create as good of a system as possible because you never know when the situation is going to change and you're no longer on top. If you say "the G5 is not competitive so they collectively only get one bid" (because let's be honest, no matter how...
  19. WooBadger18

How long until you say “big 12 teams are trash and don’t deserve any more than 1 autobid?”
  20. WooBadger18

No, I don’t think they are now, but I think that’s how it should be set up. Every team should have a chance, and it makes the regular season more meaningful. And it’s not like the current system is good at preventing blowouts. Almost a fourth of all playoff games so far have ended with a...