Search results

1. redrocket22

U of Iowa's new legacy scholarships

I think both Iowa and Iowa State offer these as marketing and a compromise to the inequity of the instate residency requirements. Many alums may move out of state during their careers and still donate to the schools and have paid significant tax dollars to the state in the past. This helps...
  2. redrocket22

Geodes

Mom or the rock?
  3. redrocket22

Friday OT - Breakfast

Waffle House
  4. redrocket22

Tenderloin Reviews

Two things posted about recently that you miss when you leave Iowa - tender loins (can't find them) and the excellent schools (big or small).
  5. redrocket22

It could have been worse

We did tackle poorly but the athletes on Baylor were a big part of the issue
  6. redrocket22

Anyone been following the story of the Clemson fraternity pledge...

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
  7. redrocket22

Friday Evening Discussion

Copper Dollar on Thursday night before Schnapps Ball north of Beyer Hall
  8. redrocket22

20-17

Thanks all for the pics.
  9. redrocket22

20-17

The historic adjective was not intended to describe my feelings regarding the most recent football game. It was an attempted cheeky reference to the University of Iowa's fondness for including the phrase "historic Kinnick Stadium" at least once in any story or press release that they churn out...
  10. redrocket22

20-17

Does anybody have a pic of the historic kinnick scoreboard? I'm not sure if there are many 1985 Chrysler Reliants still around sporting their Drake colored 20-17 bumper stickers. It's been a few years since I saw one. If I see one now, it won't sting anymore.
  11. redrocket22

Belgium/Germany beer trip

Dachau is thought provoking and depressing. Just makes for a hard day. Are you staying for the opening ceremonies this weekend?
  12. redrocket22

Get over it. THE iowa hawkeyes stink.

Greenville SC (OP's stated location) is a great place to party
  13. redrocket22

Beat Baylor

Didn't Utah and that shaky guy drop 177 on us? Or did only feel that way?
  14. redrocket22

Kudos to the D

I very happy with the effort and progress. Coaches and players are working hard to get better. They deserve some success after the piling on that occurred after the first two games.
  15. redrocket22

Any Raleigh NC based ISU Landscape Architects on CF?

I need some help with design and install of hardscaping and additional landscaping to a new house. Probably a $15k+ project. Please pm me contact info if you or somebody you know does landscaping services consulting in the RTP area. I would prefer to keep the work in the ISU family if possible.
  16. redrocket22

Rob Gray: No more press box for Mark Mangino

Figuratively of course.
  17. redrocket22

We will learn a lot about the Big 12 this week

I'm guessing Duke fans will be spared the full onslaught of rock chalk but that is quite the haul for a non-conf game. It's like making the WVU trip twice in a season.
  18. redrocket22

We will learn a lot about the Big 12 this week

Which FB team gets the refs' help in a KU-Duke matchup?
  19. redrocket22

First Scherff now Ott

That's the funniest looking 1985 Chevy pickup that I've ever seen.