West Des Moines
I was there!

Wow I've never seen the Seneca Heisman campaign posters. Those were hilarious

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Still remember where I was during this game. Too much vodka missed the second half.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Random trivia - do any of you who were there remember "Avalanche"? The huge fat dude they kept putting on the jumbotron? They'd put him up there and he would kind of dance / truffle shuffle and it was awesome.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Huge rob by the officials..incredible comeback..had we had instant replay we win. Was terrible call official was right there.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Huge rob by the officials..incredible comeback..had we had instant replay we win. Was terrible call official was right there.

If we had instant reply and it was interpreted correctly (huge if based on our history), we are still only within one point. There's still the PAT, or the two point conversion, or overtime... all things that ISU has proven it can't execute reliably. Plus we still had one more play, 1st and goal, and did nothing with it.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
2002 and 2005

2005 was bad. An opportunity to play in the Big12 title game, and we choked in OT at Kansas

2002 though:

- Go toe-to-toe with #1 Florida State in the opener
- Beat Iowa, in Iowa City, for their only, regular season, loss of the season, essentially keeping them out of the BCS Championship game (they would have gone in place of Ohio State)
- Blasted #20 Nebraska
- Vaulted to #9 in the nation after housing Texas Tech ("The Run" game)
- Started 6-1, with our only loss being a nationally recognized hose job (right, wrong or indifferent) to the preseason #1
- Seneca Wallace for Heisman was all the rage
- From there, finished the season 1-6, including blowout losses to Oklahoma and KState, with sizeable losses to Colorado, UCONN (at home) and Boise State (before they were Boise State) in the Humanitarian Bowl
- Only home loss of the season was to UCONN; only road win of the season was @ Iowa

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
Random trivia - do any of you who were there remember "Avalanche"? The huge fat dude they kept putting on the jumbotron? They'd put him up there and he would kind of dance / truffle shuffle and it was awesome.

He was awesome, they put him up there constantly during that second half.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Have you not watched the instant replay reviews lately?

I watched that game live and watched the replay probably 30 times over the years..he was in..his foot didn't go out and he crossed the goal line with the football...the official didn't make the call that he didn't cross the goal line he made the call that he stepped out at the 1..which clearly u can tell he didn't.

Watche the replay yourself..don't watch Seneca watch the official..he is looking down to where his feet are and isn't even looking to see if he crossed the goal with the ball...he was in...period.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I actually left that game at half because I thought ISU was intimidated by FSU. All that booze didn't help. Tried to go back in when the comeback started but security wouldn't let me. Listened to the rest on the radio in the lots. Still probably the best tailgate I've ever been at.