***Official 2016 PGA Championship***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I had no idea this started today. I supposed they moved it up because of the Olympics? Seems like it is usually mid to late August.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I kinda wish it would have gotten pushed to after the Olympics, understand why they didn't, but in my head it made more sense as a late August start as opposed to two weeks after the Open.

That said give me DJ or Speith to win it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yep. It's normally in mid August but was moved for the Olympics which is ironic considering the number of players that have dropped out of the Olympics.
I thought it was really early this year. Thanks for the info

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hot out there at 93 and no wind. Jeez, Stenson is all sweated up one stroke into his round. Sweet 3-wood btw.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Birdie, birdie start for Spieth. He looks really good this morning. People may be chasing him at the end of the day.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Birdie, birdie start for Spieth. He looks really good this morning. People may be chasing him at the end of the day.
5 birdies & 1 bogie on his first nine holes. He started from the 10th tee today so he has played both the par 5s already.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I am watching the online coverage on the PGA website and Spieth's ball is in a puddle on a cart path. The amount of rules and discussion needing to take place with the official is crazy and what I find to be the worst part of golf. They have spent minutes discussing boundaries of the puddle. He has dropped at least 6 times during the process. It took about 10 minutes to decide to set the ball a few inches behind the puddle in the end.

Thanks USGA.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
I was lucky enough to be able to play Baltusrol several years ago as my admin's brother was a member there. I took 2 very good customers who were both good players (1 was a +1 the other about a 5 and me a 2 then) but that course ate us up. It was cool & windy that day so we didn't mind their policy that all men had to wear long pants. I am just amazed at how low the best pros go on that course. None of us even broke 80 that day.

Reactions: Go2Guy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron