Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think a lot of people might have stayed away due to the upgrade to the new site. We might see a lot more activity tomorrow (especially since the in-state rivals threads are back up and running). Need to get YeahBuddy and UncleJoe riled up again. I'll make sure to send them on some wild goose chase for ridiculous stats/numbers. I had way too much fun doing that last week.
I still can't get into Instate Rivals:(

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I hate the placement of the blue dot. My stupid fingers aren't nimble enough and I always end up clicking the profile picture next to it.
It's tiny even when using a mouse on my computer. I've seen it mentioned several times in the bugs threads...mostly suggesting moving it to the other side of the title where there's more room.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Some of the stuff that gets set on the "free for the taking" table at work. Usually it is food but today is a head scratcher...Tide Pods.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Some of the stuff that gets set on the "free for the taking" table at work. Usually it is food but today is a head scratcher...Tide Pods.
Somebody may have figured out they're not all they're cracked up to be. Yeah...less messy, but if you don't use them exactly right you end up with a clump wrapped up in a sleeve or pants leg or towel...
I love the Cascade pods for my dishwasher, but I still prefer to use the old-fashioned powder laundry detergent for my clothes.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Yo @CyArob what bars are the bars to hit up near the Twins stadium?
All the places mentioned in the thread work. Cowboy Jack's has a great rooftop patio. Gluek's is a Minneapolis institution and has been around forever. You also might want to consider the Fulton Brewery. If you're feeling adventurous, you could try Lee's Liquor Lounge for a dive bar in a sort of sketchy area with great music, cheap/strong drinks and lots of Elvis paraphernalia. Any of the bars on or around 1st Avenue could be fun on any given night.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Pants - St. Louis Park makes a lot of sense for you. It gives you easy access to uptown via Lake Street, being right on highways 100 and 394 gets you easy access to everywhere else in the cities and you are in the town just south of Boxster. The other places you mentioned are more suburby and you could add Maple Grove to that list (this would put you about midway between Velo/myself and Boxster). You may want to look at Northeast Minneapolis (Nordeast). It has transitioned from a blue collar area to a pretty trendy area over the last couple of decades and offers easy access to downtown and lots of neighborhood restaurants and microbreweries. Brooklyn Park may offer pretty good value. There has been a lot of new apartments and townhomes built in the area since Target opened their Northern Campus. You'd probably want to make sure you stay north of 85th Avenue.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Putting me WAY behind bikey ride schedule. 100 heat indexes and now stormy.
We had a busy weekend. Chic/Duran Duran on Saturday night. The show was great and if you get a chance to see them, don't miss Chic (their version of Let's Dance was awesome). We got the 2 youngest kids to camp early on Sunday and went to a birthday party for one of my wife's co-workers. I was talking to one of the husbands there and he mentioned that they rode their bikes to the farmer's market on Saturday in the rain and had a huge group. He arranged another ride on Sunday (when the weather was perfect) and nobody showed up.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We had a busy weekend. Chic/Duran Duran on Saturday night. The show was great and if you get a chance to see them, don't miss Chic (their version of Let's Dance was awesome). We got the 2 youngest kids to camp early on Sunday and went to a birthday party for one of my wife's co-workers. I was talking to one of the husbands there and he mentioned that they rode their bikes to the farmer's market on Saturday in the rain and had a huge group. He arranged another ride on Sunday (when the weather was perfect) and nobody showed up.
Everybody at the meat raffle?

Give up on your avavtar?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I know. Even a Tribune arrest garnered pretty Meh responses.

My theory is it is fallout from the RNC. All of the dystopian doom and gloom coupled with some crazy international killings has scared the hell of those who watched. Pretty sure they are afraid to get on the interweb fearing that ISIS, Russians, Chinese or Mexicans will steal their identities and find out where their secret prepper stash of big bags of rice and ammo is. The new platform here is likely just a big government plot to make it easier for "them" to take our stuff!

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I go away for a couple days and now I'm a little
200.gif

The new site seems user-friendly, but this may take my mind a sec to adjust to the change

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I go away for a couple days and now I'm a little
200.gif

The new site seems user-friendly, but this may take my mind a sec to adjust to the change
So far I like the new site. Like anything else it will take a little getting used to it. Also there are still a few bugs that they are trying to shake out.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Somebody may have figured out they're not all they're cracked up to be. Yeah...less messy, but if you don't use them exactly right you end up with a clump wrapped up in a sleeve or pants leg or towel...
I love the Cascade pods for my dishwasher, but I still prefer to use the old-fashioned powder laundry detergent for my clothes.

Thankfully we have never had an issue in the washer. We have had an issue with the dishwasher where the door thing doesn't completely open to let the pod drop in.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Thankfully we have never had an issue in the washer. We have had an issue with the dishwasher where the door thing doesn't completely open to let the pod drop in.
I had that problem when I first got this dishwasher...then I realized that I had plates or pans too close and they prevented the spring-loaded door from opening all the way up. Ooops!

Status
Not open for further replies.