Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
We only did if kid woke up. Don't wake up a kid to change a diaper at night

figured that was an infant thing but wasn't sure. I could ask these to the mom but she may revoke childcare privileges if she knows just how clueless we are.

I already asked normal bedtime and any allergies so we at least got that. At least the older one is pretty much able to converse now so that helps.

• Winner
Reactions: cyrevkah

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Things you really need to know:

What is bedtime routine? What foods the can't or refuse to eat? Did they make sure favorite toy/blanket is there.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Things you really need to know:

What is bedtime routine? What foods the can't or refuse to eat? Did they make sure favorite toy/blanket is there.

parents likely know we have no toys so to give anything super necessary to the girls. Did ask about foods today. Nothing surprising or unusual. Though I bet I should still cut up things like grapes and hotdogs for the little one.

• Agree

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Depends on the kid. If they sleep through the night usually not. Some kids may wake up because they are wet. Usually due to leaky diaper though. Try to limit liquid intake a couple of hours before bed.

If they need to poo though some kids won't sleep till they do, or will wake up to go.
Second -
However, check child early. Some kids will use early morning poo as "paint". :D

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Don't be afraid to plan something fun too. Maybe some youtube kid's videos. There are plenty out there that are great.

yeah we're doing the zoo one day and a butterfly exhibit thing the other. But the youtube is a good idea for if we need some cartoons or something since we have no cable...

• Friendly
Reactions: bawbie and cyrevkah

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
6-81141-16-1415057754.jpg

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
On a totally different topic, How is it Sunday already. Where did the weekend go?
parents likely know we have no toys so to give anything super necessary to the girls. Did ask about foods today. Nothing surprising or unusual. Though I bet I should still cut up things like grapes and hotdogs for the little one.

That's a good idea. I generally halve grapes... depends how big they are. I don't think I've fed Z hot dogs yet. Not sure why.

Maybe have lots of crackers on hand.

• Useful
Reactions: cowgirl836

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Pants, do you get to spend some of your office time looking for you new home? As you prepare to hand over the stores you're doing now, are they making you train someone?

Just curious.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Pants, do you get to spend some of your office time looking for you new home? As you prepare to hand over the stores you're doing now, are they making you train someone?

Just curious.

It's such a mess over there, I'll probably only be able to leave briefly to do viewings and such.

And they don't have a replacement for me here yet. But my staff is good enough and everything is running smoothly enough here that they're not concerned about it while looking for someone.

• Optimistic

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
It's such a mess over there, I'll probably only be able to leave briefly to do viewings and such.

And they don't have a replacement for me here yet. But my staff is good enough and everything is running smoothly enough here that they're not concerned about it while looking for someone.

Fixing another mess doesn't sound fun, but it seems like you're good at it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Cut things up well. More people and kids choke on hotdogs than you would believe.

A few favorite games I had for my kids. Quiet Man, Frozen Man and Statue Man. They were a blast and actually worked for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron