Football Scholarship Chart Tracker

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
He should try to get a OG with experience, because that is the number one need IMO

Just a complete guess but I think we put Bobek and good Jones at center and scoggins goes back to guard. Which would give us Fett, oge, scoggins, and green at guard Which should be serviceable. Tackle is where I am a little more concerned. I like our starter but I just don't know anything about the backups unless I am forgetting someone

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
Im not too concerned about our starters, but Im more worried about the depth behind them. Remember last year we allowed 42 sacks (though it wasn't all their fault). Is Bobek immediately eligible to play this season? and how many years can he play? Justin Good-Jones is supposed to be the starting center, but the backup to him is scroogins. So Bobek wiil hopefully back up Good-Jones on center. That is only two deep however and I would like to have a solid 3 deep. I have confidence in Manning's ability to develop players, but that will take time. The only other position that could use some help is the Linebacker corps IMO.

http://www.todaysu.com/big-12/iowa-state-cyclones/iowa-states-offensive-line-key-success-2016/

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Im not too concerned about our starters, but Im more worried about the depth behind them. Remember last year we allowed 42 sacks (though it wasn't all their fault). Is Bobek immediately eligible to play this season? and how many years can he play? Justin Good-Jones is supposed to be the starting center, but the backup to him is scroogins. So Bobek wiil hopefully back up Good-Jones on center. That is only two deep however and I would like to have a solid 3 deep. I have confidence in Manning's ability to develop players, but that will take time. The only other position that could use some help is the Linebacker corps IMO.

http://www.todaysu.com/big-12/iowa-state-cyclones/iowa-states-offensive-line-key-success-2016/

Bobek is immediately eligible with 1 year to play. I guess I would be surprised if he didn't start. Scoggins and green have all got snaps at center so 2 deep at that position should be fine. We should have 6-7 guys that can cover the interior 3 spots that I would feel decent about.

Who would be our number 3 and 4 tackles this year?

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
I've updated the chart to reflect the depth chart that was released today. The updates are:

- Pierre Aka is now listed as a DL.
- Positions have been added. Players with a (-) are not listed on the depth chart.

The scholarship players who have used their redshirt but are not listed on the depth chart are:

Bobby Leath (DL-Sr)

Brandon Harris (WR-Jr)

Orion Salters (WR-So)

Kory Kodanko (OL-So)
Will Windham (OL-So)
Sam Seonbuchner (DE-So)
Victor Holmes (DB-So)

Denver Johnson (WR-Fr)

Seth Nerness (DE-Fr)
Josh Coleman (DE-Fr)
Marcel Spears (LB-Fr)
Stephon Pickett-Brown (DB-Fr)
Jordan Wallace (DB-Fr)

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I've updated the chart to reflect the depth chart that was released today. The updates are:

- Pierre Aka is now listed as a DL.
- Positions have been added. Players with a (-) are not listed on the depth chart.

The scholarship players who have used their redshirt but are not listed on the depth chart are:

Bobby Leath (DL-Sr)

Brandon Harris (WR-Jr)

Orion Salters (WR-So)

Kory Kodanko (OL-So)
Will Windham (OL-So)
Sam Seonbuchner (DE-So)
Victor Holmes (DB-So)

Denver Johnson (WR-Fr)

Seth Nerness (DE-Fr)
Josh Coleman (DE-Fr)
Marcel Spears (LB-Fr)
Stephon Pickett-Brown (DB-Fr)
Jordan Wallace (DB-Fr)

What's the deal with Kodanko and Windham? They are good size and looked like pretty good pick ups when they signed. They are in year 3 and not even a mention of them. Were they that big of misses? Kory was and 82 composite and windham was pretty much and 80.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Only 80 scholarship players on the current roster. Maybe the other 4 will show up before camp. Only 52 carry overs from CPR's team.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
What's the deal with Kodanko and Windham? They are good size and looked like pretty good pick ups when they signed. They are in year 3 and not even a mention of them. Were they that big of misses? Kory was and 82 composite and windham was pretty much and 80.

Guessing they are 3rd string at some position on the OL. Rhoads would list 3rd string on alot of positions but it doesn't look like Campbell does.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Only 80 scholarship players on the current roster. Maybe the other 4 will show up before camp. Only 52 carry overs from CPR's team.

It's pretty amazing how quickly they are turning over CPR's players.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
2016 JUCO DB Lonnie Johnson will re-classify as 2017 due to academic issues. That leaves 3 players left who haven't arrived yet:

- Marchie Murdock
- Justin Stewart
- Eyioma Uwazurike

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Also, alot of people miss the second tab of the sheet that lists all the changes made and the source(s) of that change.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
My thoughts...

Very hopeful that Murdock and Stewart (both of whom i think will play a lot this year) along with Uwazurike (looks to have so much potential in an already impressive frame) make it to campus before this fall.

Also, I'm just hoping that Coach Campbells words of "the pre-camp depth chart doesn't mean much" are true. The starting OL looks decent but like said above, the depth at tackle is very concerning. I would not be at all surprised to see some guys pop up on the depth chart who weren't mentioned before. Really hoping there could be progress made with guys like Kodanko and Windham. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see either Josh Mueller or Sean Foster burn their redshirts this year. Both have great size already for freshman, and obviously they could be needed (although it would be ideal for both to redshirt).

When it comes to the scholarship tracker, it is very concerning the lack of defensive lineman on scholarship that we have after the Junior class. We absolutely will need a JUCO guy or two on the interior. Not that the guys who will be redshirting this year wont be any good, just that you don't want to have to rely on redshirt freshman on the interior.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Happy to hear that Scoggins is a good player that can give us help much the same as was said by the last staff. Doesn't look to be very much agreement on talent evaluation at this point between Rhoads and Campbell.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
If I'm correctly deciphering your chart ISU the recruiting class puts ISU at 85 and there are no open scholarships for 2017. Is that correct?

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
If I'm correctly deciphering your chart ISU the recruiting class puts ISU at 85 and there are no open scholarships for 2017. Is that correct?

Correct. Will need further attrition to add to the 16 recruits in the Class of '17.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Kam White has announced via twitter his verbal commitment to Iowa State. Huge addition. Puts @CycloneFB at 86 (+1) for 2017.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
Regarding Mackenro Alexander, there isn't a solid source that I can find anywhere. He isn't on the official roster and isn't in the student directory. However he is active on his twitter with cyclone football references, there also appears to be a video of him working out in the Bergstrom back in June, while yesterday he tweeted out a picture of Jack Trice. There is also the article from last week, but he is the source. May be a preferred walk on situation, or he just doesn't have his grades in order yet & is working with the team while finishing classes.

http://www.naplesnews.com/story/spo...ee-grads-return-division-i-football/87538918/

https://twitter.com/macalexander06/with_replies

EDIT: There are active conversations on him some other Cyclone sports forums that I don't have access to.

Last edited: