Well-Known Member, from Tucson, AZ

Stumpy was last seen:
Jul 18, 2016
    1. Angie
      Angie
      Well, THAT is just weird.
    2. Angie
      Angie
      I thought about that after noticing it was closed and I had posted anyway. Hey, it is Valentine's Day, isn't that how everyone celebrates?
    3. yCy
      yCy
      Thank you for the rep but it wasn't necessary. I was glad to help.
    4. Angie
      Angie
      I LOVE that you licked the Washington Monument. I maybe shouldn't admit this, but I've peed on the St. Louis Arch (not an easy feat for a woman, but it was about 2 a.m.). My story doesn't lend itself quite so well to the marketing scheme that yours does, though... :skeptical: I hope you got pictures of the licks? And then gargled? The Lincoln one is just awesome.

You're such a sweetie - thank you!! I'm only two months along - due Nov. 14. It seems so very, very far away...!!

Oh, I'm so glad that the cherry blossoms were in bloom - that's so awesome!! That's so great that you got to see all of the memorials - we only got to see the WWII and Vietnam Memorials, the monuments, and only a few of the museums. I am SO glad you had such a good time. Holy crap, it sounds like you were busy!!
    5. Angie
      Angie
      It DOES mean what you think it means!!! (You're special - we're not telling anyone much yet, since it's super early on!)

Wow, that's really impressive if you only had to fail one kid - that means that YOU are doing a great job getting through to them! That's so awesome that they enjoyed you, too - it's so great that you're getting into a profession you love so much, and at which you're obviously skilled!!!

The only time I've been there (except flying through for work) was on our senior trip in high school. We did the monuments (presidential and war), the Senate and House, tried to get into the White House but couldn't, did Ford's Theater, Arlington, etc., etc. I honestly loved the National Art Museum (or whatever it's called) - they were doing a Picasso exhibit at the time, so I was in heaven. We only got a little time at the Smithsonian, but that was pretty sweet, too. You'll have to let me know what you get time to do!!
    6. Angie
      Angie
      How did everything go with your students this past quarter? That's so awesome that you got to see the women play - and D.C. should be awesome!! I haven't been in years - it's too bad the cherry blossoms won't be in bloom yet! Too bad hotels don't have DVR!!!

I'm doing well! Had some morning sickness the last few days. :smile: Other than that, just working and doing all of the same. Just more tired than normal!!
    7. Angie
      Angie
      Fair, schmair. (Yeah, I made that up.)

How are you doing??
    8. Angie
      Angie
      Yeah, and that's exactly why I do it - to lord it over your head. :smile: I have this one little power in all the world, and I can use it judiciously - you must let me have this. :wink:
    9. HOTDON
      HOTDON
      Wow, that looks pretty interesting. I'll have to get signed up. That is definitely some off-the-beaten-path taste you have there. The Rentals, Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon would all be on my list too. Thanks for the heads up.
    10. HOTDON
      HOTDON
      That cracks me up because Angie and I have crossed obscure musical paths of a few occasions.
    11. Angie
      Angie
      Yeah, we were pretty lucky - it all melted (the river got super-high!), and then came down again. A lot of it melted overnight, though, so things weren't bad at all today.
    12. Angie
      Angie
      The sheer size of California always amazes me - I forget there's that much state. :smile: That sounds incredible - I am way jealous. :smile: And so cruel to poke fun at Iowa weather today of all days!! 50 degrees three days ago, and now there are inches of snow back on the ground. Ugh. Your Ohio buddies would have gone into shutdown mode last night.
    13. Angie
      Angie
      Oh, that's awesome!! My husband's mom lives in Mariposa and used to work in the Ansel Adams Gallery - I don't think it's quite as far north, but the weather up there is gorgeous. Now I'm jealous!!
    14. Angie
      Angie
      California, hunh? Congrats!! So much for staying out of the heat!! :wink:
    15. Angie
      Angie
      You go get some work done - and so will I!! Talk to you soon!
    16. Angie
      Angie
      I can imagine a mid-week pause would be a huge shift in focus - I would have wasted that day and never been able to get back on track. I know I've got to log off here in about two minutes to work from home. :no:

I hope the summer internship search goes well - I know you'll get something fantastic!! Hopefully you don't have to travel for the interviews.

Two inches of snow?? Seriously? That is barely a light snowfall! I can't imagine panicking when you can still see the grass poking through the snow. The house arrest is flat-out ridiculous. Just because some people are idiots doesn't mean that the vast majority of them are - especially people who have grown up in inclement weather. You poor soul!!

The new position is great - except for this working-on-the-weekend stuff!! :wink: I'm busy all of the time, so no CF during the day anymore. :( I just catch up at night. It's odd being needed every minute of the day, though, you know? Kind of like being a mom to 40-yr-olds.
    17. Angie
      Angie
      Whoa - apprently you're ready to throw down today! "Rep-ho"?? Well, yeah, that's fair... :wink:

I actually am pretty conservating with what I rep anymore - I think more things **** me off than used to be the case. Is that bad? I blame it on getting old.

How's school??
    18. Angie
      Angie
      Well, spread it around! :wink: Just kidding - I abuse the ability to be able to rep whenever. You post again, and I might just rep you again to be a smart-***. How do you like THEM apples?
    19. Angie
      Angie
      Honduras would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but I can't imagine it would pay very well. In regards to finding something at another institution - is it your possible start date more than anything that makes it difficult? Are there any other universities in which you'd be interested that also do quarters (if that would help)?

Ha - yes, he does enjoy that I'm home more. :wink: Now I wish he'd stop traveling so much!! (We work at the same company, and he is in sales.)

Oh, my gosh, you're crazy!! :biglaugh: I'm amazed - every year at this time I wonder why I haven't moved to Arizona. It IS beautiful - but then I get snow in my shoes and get pissed. It's a quandary...
    20. Angie
      Angie
      I never even thought of how much harder it must find making summer work. Are you planning on staying in Ohio over the summer, or coming back home?

Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering if something had to give with the classes being so much shorter - I think I would prefer just to focus on the important topics, since that is why you take a course, anyway. I'm sure, too, that at a graduate level you don't need to go over the basics at the start of the semester like every undergrad course does. Way more efficient.

On days like today I kind of wish I were traveling, but overall I'm very happy to be home. I should be cut down to only about five times a year, I hope. That's way better than twice a month!!

I love the roller coaster ride associated with each, too. "I'm so happy, we're getting Turner Gill!" "Boo, Stoops - I'm not renewing my tickets." People take too much to heart.
  • About

Birthday:
    March 9
    NCAA:
    Arizona
    NHL:
    Maple Leafs

Stats

Last Activity:
    Jul 18, 2016 at 2:44 AM
    Positive ratings received:
    Neutral ratings received: