Peterson: Cyclones won't finish ninth

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
If the transfer defensive players are as good as we've been told ... if Mark Mangino is still Mangenius ... if center Tom Farniok doesn't miss games because of injury ... then expect a Return of the Upset.

I think the first on the list is a big if, but he is right. Bowl eligibility is definitely attainable.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Petersen could be right because I think some of the teams could be down this year.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
Ah, it's that time of year again where the media puts out an optimistic prediction and the fanbase gathers unreasonable expecations for the season, and then call for CPR's head once we only get 5 wins.

But in all seriousness, Peterson brings up some good points and 6 wins is definitely possible. I'm thinking 4-5, but 6 shouldn't be out of the question.

HerkClone

Sep 20, 2012
Heck, we should end the season on a four game run.

Those last 4 are as easy of a schedule as there is.

Otherwise PR should be run out on a rail and the Hamburgler will be installed.

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
Can't believe I'm saying this,..............................I hope R. Peterson is right on this one.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Heck, we should end the season on a four game run.

Those last 4 are as easy of a schedule as there is.

Otherwise PR should be run out on a rail and the Hamburgler will be installed.

Typical squawk fan always wanting to fire the head coach, or put in the backup quarterback, or only going to basketball games for free hotdogs.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Ahh summer. The time of year when all cyclone fans get their hopes up only to see them crashing down around them come fall.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Which teams? Other than Tech and Baylor slightly, I can't think of any.

I believe that KSU is down this year, and I don't think Tech will be as good as being hyped, nor do I think that OSU will be anywhere near what people believe they'll be. In-conference I think we beat KU, WVU, and Tech, for sure, and maybe KSU, TCU, and OSU. I think we struggle badly against BU, OU, and UT. I'm planning on a 6 or 7 win season at this point.