Student Basketball Tickets

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
The only way for students to get (student) basketball tickets is via the "all sports package". Iowa State athletics just tweeted that less than 100 of said packages remain. This has to be good news in regards to the fiasco that was student attendance this past season. I would assume that most of the tickets purchased to this point are by upper class men who actually intend on going to the games. It seems that a lot of freshman have their parents buy them tickets but have no intention of going to the games.

Does anyone remember when student tickets sold out last year? Is the athletic department selling less tickets this year? because this seems awfully early to be selling out!

https://twitter.com/CycloneATH/status/460853522678820864

edit: perhaps the "all sports package" is not the only way for students to get basketball tickets this year??

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's the same number of tickets. Sweet 16 will do that to people. I know my friend who never had bball tickets got them because he's a senior and we're good. I'm sure there are similar stories.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Anybody else think student football attendance will be worse?

After a bad season, plus some students only buying football tickets to get basketball ones? Do they oversell the student section for football?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Anybody else think student football attendance will be worse?

After a bad season, plus some students only buying football tickets to get basketball ones? Do they oversell the student section for football?

You're not serious are you? It'll be packed every game except the last one we have because it'll be near a break and cold.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I don't like the all sports package. I only want basketball tickets so I got neither.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Football will be packed, as long as there is nothing else to do on a fall Saturday in Ames, Iowa. Is there a fall dance marathon?

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I'm graduating in December so I don't think I'm getting bball tix. Hopefully will be able to buy them off friends or whatever when I can make it to games

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I am pretty sure that they set a number of the "All Sports Packages" aside for freshmen to purchase later on after all of the orientations are done. So if you don't get one now, you should just keep an eye out starting in late June for the last "wave" to be released.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
They need to sell as many of these as they can. Make sure every moron that spends the money to b-ball games that never go gets these. More money for our athletic department.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I'm going to be a freshman next year, will be attending pretty much every football & basketball game. Is the best option to buy the package?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I'm going to be a freshman next year, will be attending pretty much every football & basketball game. Is the best option to buy the package?

Yes. The package is the only way to get basketball student tickets.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

Yes, it's easily the best option if it's still available.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013

The upper classman and freshman purchasing periods for tickets are at different times, just an fyi (so don't be worried when they say there's only 100 left. That's a 100 left for non-freshmen). But make sure you wake up at 8 or whatever time they sell them at during the summer. Because within 10 minutes, they'll be sold out.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Football will be packed, as long as there is nothing else to do on a fall Saturday in Ames, Iowa.

Pretty much this. Until Iowa gets a professional sports team in Des Moines (probably never happening and definitely not in the next 25 years) what else is there to do in Central Iowa? Cyclones are the only show in town.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Pretty much this. Until Iowa gets a professional sports team in Des Moines (probably never happening and definitely not in the next 25 years) what else is there to do in Central Iowa? Cyclones are the only show in town.

Well, sure, but I remember a couple years when I was in school & we had this other guy coaching when the student section wasn't always full.

Now I know this isn't that coach & fan support has grown overall, I'm just saying sometimes students don't always stick around after bad seasons. I'm sure you guys are right, though.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
The upper classman and freshman purchasing periods for tickets are at different times, just an fyi (so don't be worried when they say there's only 100 left. That's a 100 left for non-freshmen). But make sure you wake up at 8 or whatever time they sell them at during the summer. Because within 10 minutes, they'll be sold out.
Also make sure to log in after they go on sale. It might be different this time but this last year I got tickets because it wasn't working on my new laptop so I went and did it on our desktop, but some of my friends didn't get them because they were logged on beforehand so it never updated to say they were on sale.