Members of Leath's "Veishea Task Force" Announced

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Glad to see Jeff Woody on there, he was the most practical voice during the whole thing.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
They need to make a VEISHEA Task Force that just patrols the streets during VEISHEA tazing people that get too rowdy.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
"Can you swing a sack of door knobs?"
"Can I!!!"
"You're in! Here's the sack."
"But you gotta supply your own knobs."

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This is a panel of people with pretty deep commitments to Iowa State. I think it is good news for VEISHEA. Nobody on the list, to my knowledge, would be the type to eliminate VEISHEA.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
This is a panel of people with pretty deep commitments to Iowa State. I think it is good news for VEISHEA. Nobody on the list, to my knowledge, would be the type to eliminate VEISHEA.
Tom Hill would in a damn heartbeat. He didn't want it to come back last time.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
If this was a look-a-like thread, I'd have one.

Tom Hill

DrHillforweb.jpg

Looks like Chappelle's Show holla holla guy:

c91195cc9c138f8777dcebdba6d0cb9c.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I know what you meant but...

Like I said, I don't know him, but I may have stepped in it there. It seems like most of the names on the list that I do know would be folks who are pretty vested in ISU traditions.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
"Can you swing a sack of door knobs?"
"Can I!!!"
"You're in! Here's the sack."
"But you gotta supply your own knobs."

Kent: Well, what do you say to the accusation that your group
has been causing more crimes than it's been preventing?

Homer: Oh, Kent, I'd be lying if I said my men weren't
committing crimes.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I would say the woman who is the vice pres of the "south campus neighborhood assn" might be a tad bit anti-VEISHEA. However, once again, that would be the wrong target for her ire. VEISHEA itself is family friendly. The damage was the result of a drunken mob.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I really hope the task force ends up looking at all options and isn't just a convenient set of names for Leath to blame an unpopular decision on. Having someone like Woody on there gives me hope that is not the case, but who knows.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would say the woman who is the vice pres of the "south campus neighborhood assn" might be a tad bit anti-VEISHEA. However, once again, that would be the wrong target for her ire. VEISHEA itself is family friendly. The damage was the result of a drunken mob.

Having talked to people who were there last week, I hear talk from folks who think tipping cars and knocking over light poles is fun. I've even heard some say that the kid who got hit by the pole was partly responsible because he wasn't paying attention. Everyone else knew to move out of the way.

A neighborhood association person may be able help the committee address the mindset of partiers who seem to need to establish a few guidelines, such as "no car tipping" and "no knocking over light poles."