"In Loving Memory"

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
These stickers people put on their cars. Look, I'm real sorry for your loss, I am, but we all know people who have died. What, do you want people to run up and hug you? Are you really honoring that person by putting that sticker on your P.O.S. car and driving it to Walmart?

And what's with these roadside memorials? I mean, if your relative dies in a hospital are you going to go put up a memorial in the room they died in?

When I die, if anyone I know does any of this in my memory, I will haunt their lame *****.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
These stickers people put on their cars. Look, I'm real sorry for your loss, I am, but we all know people who have died. What, do you want people to run up and hug you? Are you really honoring that person by putting that sticker on your P.O.S. car and driving it to Walmart?

And what's with these roadside memorials? I mean, if your relative dies in a hospital are you going to go put up a memorial in the room they died in?

When I die, if anyone I know does any of this in my memory, I will haunt their lame *****.

I'm thinking the hospital would frown on this.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
tumblr_mmjt1k0fFx1sp9fcho1_250.gif

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
I think the roadside memorials are good at reminding drivers how quickly life can be taken away and hopefully encourages them to be a little safer if even for a short time.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I agree. The time to be loving to people is while they are still alive. Once they're dead, it's too late.

I am much in favor of the Inuit tradition of mourning for a year and a day. On the last day, the deceased's possessions are given away, there's a party, and then you're done, and you go on with your lives. Much healthier.

And no stickers on your dogsled.

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
While we're on a similar topic, does anyone else with extremely Caucasian descent have the urge to get one of those large font stickers with your name on it that spans the entire back window of your car? I've only ever seen this for 'Rodriguez', or other latin names. I think it would be funny to have a 'Jorgensen' or 'Anderson' sticker just to throw people off a little.

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
Can I just say I HATE funerals. I mean seriously, the person is dead, there's nothing you can do about it, and you want to get a bunch of people together to cry about it? Maybe you all should've got together before they died and tried to save their life if you cared so much about them. People being so sensitive is the downfall of America.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Not sure why it has to have anything to do with you. They are memorializing a loved one in a way that tries to convey the significance of their loss and helps them cope with it. Not sure why you need to be bothered by it.
Someone should put an "In Loving Memory" sticker on their car for your sense of humor.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
A couple of other things I hate are the stupid stick figure things people put on the window. As a bachelor, I'm tempted to put a stick figure of me boning a blond stick figure with big boobs.

Also, sorority stickers on the back of the car. Thanks for letting me know there is a 90 percent chance you were easy in college.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
OP - if you don't like it, just close your eyes when you drive.....

JSmoove

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2012
2611 Helser, Louden
A couple of other things I hate are the stupid stick figure things people put on the window. As a bachelor, I'm tempted to put a stick figure of me boning a blond stick figure with big boobs.

Also, sorority stickers on the back of the car. Thanks for letting me know there is a 90 percent chance you were easy in college.
Not sure about the whole boning a stick figure thing, but I'm with you on the stick figure window stickers depicting your size of family. Hate them. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that someone is probably a million for thinking of something like that.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Not sure about the whole boning a stick figure thing, but I'm with you on the stick figure window stickers depicting your size of family. Hate them. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that someone is probably a million for thinking of something like that.

If I had a lot of kids I would put one on to show how virile I am.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
A couple of other things I hate are the stupid stick figure things people put on the window.

One day I was the DMV, and I notice a SUV with a stick family, but there was no mother stick figure just what I assume was a father figure and a couple of children figures. There was however, a circle drawn where the mother should with an arrow pointed to it with a message written above on the back window that said, "This spot is open!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron